Nissan Murano Forum banner

New 3rd Gen Murano SL AWD Owner

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  FLfinfan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone. Just doing a quick introduction (sorry...no pic...you all know what the 3rd gen's look like). This is my first Nissan and I have to say I am totally impressed. Nissan has hit it out of the park with this vehicle. Inside & out it's amazing...the new design is incredible (revolutionary I believe)...the Nav system is the best I have seen (fast, tablet-like, great integration between the 7" screen for the driver & the main 8" Nav screen)...the interior is fantastic (soft touch leather everywhere, the new pearl essence smooth surface, panoramic moonroof, Zero gravity seats in front AND back, etc), the tech is very well done (too much to list on the SL trim level w Tech package). The powertrain is solid and well established (I really like the CVT...I know it's not for everyone, but it works flawlessly) ...I just cant say enough about how well this vehicle is designed.
The only mini gripe is the Bose Audio system...I know quite a bit about Bose systems in cars and the steps they take to engineer a system to the unique interior design of particular vehicles, but it just seems too muffled (I have tweaked the settings a bit, but can get those clear highs and deep bass Bose is famous for). The doors are also a bit more difficult to close...I have found myself having to swing them closed with more force than I am used to with Toyotas. Finally the bottle holders in the doors are worthless...there is not enough side support to hold a bottle upright...it just tips right over...better have the top on tight.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah I agree about the Bose system in the 15'. It seems the 09' MO I had had a much better pure sound. I still need to tweak the sound a little and have yet to play a CD but the best sound comes from the satellite stations. Still is a pretty nice sound no matter what. I love my 15'.

#4 ·
I will have to agree about the Bose system. The one in my 2011 LE AWD is twice as good as the one in the 2015 that I had an extended test drive in. Disappointing.
I have several Bose products, Sound link Mini (awesome), computer speakers with sub that are good enough to be my home stereo, ear buds, and the car system.
Something is not right for the system to sound like it does. Even with the USB plugged in it sounded average.
At this price point it should be amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.