Welcome to NissanMurano.org, please post an introduction - Page 3 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 75 Old 02-23-2015, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
New to the site/forum. I've owned 09' SL Murano w/towing package 0 to 89k miles, a 13' Murano Platinum 0 to 33k w/towing package, and now a 15' Murano Platinum Arctic Blue/black interior 0 to 298 miles and currently without a tow package but as soon as they can put one on I will have that as well. I only tow a small 1k trailer around for mulch,wood, dirt and other small items. Nothing towed long distances or anything. I LOVE the new Murano. This will be the car I take into retirement in 5 years. The only problem I've ever had with my MOs is a small Class 1 transfer case leak which they fixed by replacing the entire transfer case at 45k. No other issues except a new battery in 2012 for the 09.
Also, I went with a FWD this time as opposed to the AWD. Never really used the AWD feature and just hated getting the bill for the diff oil changes and such that come along with the AWD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 75 Old 02-25-2015, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Wow BRIJACK1, you are loyal.
I tried to be a double Mo owner but negotiations broke down. I was seeking someone to at least beat my deal in Sept but no luck. Talking to 2 dealers and both want more now than I paid 5 months ago and that is for a 14-SL leftover.

OK, I am difficult, I only wanted black with beige leather.

Post a pic of the new ride when you can and welcome.

Former 2004 SL/Polished Pewter 2WD
2004 Infiniti G-35 2 door Coupe
New 2014 SL/ Pearl White/Mud Flaps/WeatherTech Mats, Stainless Steel Bumper Protector
post #33 of 75 Old 02-27-2015, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Yeah, I got up and walked out when they tried to say they couldn't discount off the sticker at all. I called another dealer, actually 3 other dealers and then the bidding war began. The other thing was they were trying to only give me 25k for my 13' Platinum when after some research I found out the average resale at dealers in the area was 29k or more for comparable 13's. They finally gave me 27k and reduced the sticker price by 3k so I was happy with that. They are still making about 4 to 5k on the entire deal and although I didn't want to admit it to myself the demand is pretty high for 2015 Platinum' right now. I used my loyalty status also as a little leverage. I would have gotten a slightly better deal at another dealer but that was about 50 miles from my current location and with free oil changes, engines for life, transmission for life and just great mechanical service department I went with my favorite dealer. They knew I wanted that 2015, but didn't want to lose me to another dealer either. Win/Win in my view. Hope you get your deal soon. You should get a 2015! They are awesome!!

Brian

09' Murano SL, Blue, AWD
13' Murano Platinum, Midnight Garnet, AWD
15' Murano Platinum Arctic Blue, FWD
post #34 of 75 Old 03-15-2015, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
New Murano Owner

I just purchased a 2015 Pacific Sunset Murano Platinum. I love it! Traded in a Honda Ridgeline RTL, so I am having to get used to the difference in ride. The only complaint that I have is the terrible tires that come with the car. The 20" rims come with basically a useless Bridgestone tire. I live in Maine, and need the AWD, but these tires should only be used on dry pavement. I will be investing in a set of winter tires next fall for sure.
post #35 of 75 Old 03-20-2015, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, new to the forum. Just got the new 2015 AWD Platinum with Tech in Pearlescent. Came here while looking for info on getting my texts to work. I knew that certain apps are not yet available. Have long since worked for a Nissan partner agency and am no really liking the styling of their vehicles. The car replaced our 15 year old Ford Explorer, which we still have. Hope this gives us as many good years.
post #36 of 75 Old 04-04-2015, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Hi everyone. I'am new to Nisson Murano. I drive a 2014 Subaru Forester and my wife traded in 2012 Outback for the Murano. I was completely against this move as the the Outback was my car prior to purchasing the Forester. I loved that car. So far the 2015 SL is a nice car and and I will get used to it I'am sure. Can anyone tell me where I can find a built date tag or information as to built date. Thanks, Jack

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free Apppic of had to remove clips
post #37 of 75 Old 04-15-2015, 01:16 PM

Hello from NY

Hello all! I am new to the Nissan Family. I just bought a Murano 2015 AWD Platinum with Tech in Blue. I absolutely love the car! In the past I have owned nothing but Kia (2001, 2006, 2011 Sportage).
post #38 of 75 Old 04-15-2015, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
King98, you're in for a hell of an upgrade compared to your former rides.
Good luck with the new toy.

Former 2004 SL/Polished Pewter 2WD
2004 Infiniti G-35 2 door Coupe
New 2014 SL/ Pearl White/Mud Flaps/WeatherTech Mats, Stainless Steel Bumper Protector
post #39 of 75 Old 04-16-2015, 03:26 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Welcome!
post #40 of 75 Old 04-19-2015, 11:57 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hello Everyone.
My wife and I are new to Nissan and of course this forum after purchasing a 2015 Murano SL. We are really enjoying the comfort of this vehicle after trading in my wife's 2004 Accord coupe. The Honda was very reliable the 11 years we owned it and we are hoping the Nissan treats us as well. I drive a 2010 Ridgeline which has also been a great vehicle for us.
I'm looking forward to learn more about Nissan and fellow Nissan owners from this forum.
Wild and Free likes this.
post #41 of 75 Old 04-20-2015, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hello

Hi everyone! Just got a 2015 Murano SL a month ago so I'm new to Nissan altogether coming from 2008 Mercedes C300 as we just had our second child and needed a bigger space for all our strollers and stuff lol. Was looking for a group where I could ask questions and hopefully provide answers for others!
post #42 of 75 Old 04-23-2015, 01:11 AM

Cool

Hi NissanMurano.org!

Just recently bought a 2007 Nissan Murano SL AWD 2 yesterday! Its got 96k but it handles like butter. No problems under the hood, carfax is filled with service records which is a good deal. I own a 2002 RSX (DD/Project) and I need a car with room. I love the moon roof and roof rails. Can't wait to get a bike rack! The AWD helps here in San Diego and the power from the engine is superb, which swayed me from getting the Rogue. I love to work on cars and will be asking questions and will be happy to provide answers in the process! Happy with my choice so far and can't wait to DIY!
post #43 of 75 Old 04-29-2015, 10:34 PM

Hello, I just purchased a Murano 2015 SV AWD in Arctic Blue about two weeks ago. I am new to Nissan and this is my first SUV. I was a lurker here before I made my purchase.
post #44 of 75 Old 05-04-2015, 02:23 PM
hud

Smile hi, new 09 owner

Bought 09 murano from son, he went to an Accord, and I previously had a 99 Maxima. I used to be on the Max.org site Love Hud
Pilgrim likes this.
post #45 of 75 Old 05-11-2015, 12:23 PM

Old MO owner here. 2004 SL FWD, 260,000 + miles. Yes, I've experience nearly every "issue" with our Murano, but it is still going strong and we love this machine. We will keep it going until the wheels fall off, then put them back on and go some more.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: