Nissan Murano Forum banner

Welcome to NissanMurano.org, please post an introduction

37K views 171 replies 121 participants last post by  Duxx 
#1 ·
Welcome to NissanMurano! We ask that as a new member you post an introduction and let us get to know a bit about you. Tell us about your current/past/future Murano's, your driving history, and what brought you to our site.

Welcome aboard!

Your NissanMurano Staff

#2 ·
Hi to everyone
Am new to this forum, Currently own 2009 Murano (original owner) which has been virtually problem free for past 5 years. However I recently had to replace the battery which went O.K. I thought, but immediately noticed two (2) alerts on the dashboard, VDC Off, and ABS staying on. Car seems to start and run fine am just wondering if this is a result of my not replacing the battery properly.
I welcome any ideas or suggestions on how to resolve this issue.
Thank.......dmanx

#3 ·
Hi Murano forum, new to this site. Just bought a 2005 murano SL AWD last month. I've been wanting one for years so I'm pretty excited I've finally got mine. I am joining this forum hoping to learn more about the murano. I know forums can be very helpful, so I'm hoping this forum will be helpful.

#4 ·
Hi Murano folks. I'm new here but really love my Murano. Had a 2006 SE thst my wife totalled on freeway at 60 mph. Entire front end was accordianed but she had only a bruise from the seatbelt. Was so impressed with the survivability that we immediately bought a 2007 SL with even more features. Hoping to benefit from the knowledge and experience of all you fans.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Greetings from Florida. I Am Aboard

Good evening to all, I Express my happiness to the directives & fellows members of this site. After 50 days waiting to have activated my account, I was able to sort all the issues & be able to start to interact, W/ all those that share their experiences. I Am here to learn & help if I could in any possible way.
I own a Murano 2014 LE Platinum edition Graphite Blue, which I bought last Christmas, I'd been a owner of (6) Nissan vehicles, (other models) & finally my dream came true, when I was able to acquire this beauty that I was wishing to get for the pass 2 years.

#6 ·
Good evening to all, I Express my happiness to the directives & fellows members of this site. After 50 days waiting to have activated my account, I was able to sort all the issues & be able to start to interact, W/ all those that share their experiences. I Am here to learn & help if I could in any possible way.
I own a Murano 2014 LE Platinum edition Graphite Blue, which I bought last Christmas, I'd been a owner of (6) Nissan vehicles, (other models) & finally my dream came true, when I was able to acquire this beauty that I was wishing to get for the pass 2 years.
Welcome aboard. I've owned mine for 3 months and love it as well. Lots of good people and info out here.

#7 ·
Thank you. Pearl White is one of my most favorite color in cars along w/ the Blue, but at that moment Dealer doesn't have it available, just this Graphite Blue in the version & packages that I was looking for, little dark this tone, but it looks very elegant, also I was planning to have a different color, since the Rogue 2012 that I gave to my wife is Pearl White.

#8 ·
New member from Florida

Hi everyone, just purchased a 2006 Murano to replace my wife's 97 Pathfinder. Seems to be in really good condition but I don't have a lot of maintenance history. It has 108,000 miles so I just had the spark plugs changed, coolant flushed and transmission drained and refilled (with Nissan fluid thanks to this forum). This weekend I plan on changing the oil and the air filter...just to make sure all the regular maintenance items are up to snuff.

I will have lots of questions I am sure.:)

David

#10 ·
Hey all,

I am also newly registered at MO forum but I am reading for a longer period now; I joined so that I can also contribute to discussions; I also have a MO, EU version though. I have many things to say about it, also some repairs I have done, some upgrades, swaps - not everything is documented but I have everything in my head so...hope we'll have some interesting discussions in near future...

best regards to all MO owners and all other drivers out there! cheers!

#12 ·
Hi every body I need help have 2007 mo awd I am replacing right side c v joint I have the old 1 off can get the new back on over the lock spring took spring off to see if it would slide on just trying to see if would slide on easy and it won't I now the lock spring has to go back on how do I get the shaft on

#14 ·
Hello .. My name is Erik, livin`in Norway - Oslo.. I bought my Murano Platinum edition, in pearl white colour, w/ black leather. It is a 2011 model. In Norway there is not possible ( from 2007) buy a petrol edition. I drive a 2.5 dci oil burner, with 190 HP. It is great in Norway drive this car with AWD and with top package. In Norway there are only one edition, and it is Tekna pack edition ( also top version in USA).. In Norway there are very few Murano, because many people buy Nissan Qashqai and X Trail... One of the reason is very high price..

It costs from USD 120.000 buy a new oil burner Murano in Oslo, but also in top edition.... but.. it is very expensive buy car in Norway. Well, buy a 2 year old Murano seems a good deal..
I did it last autumn, and Murano was also 2 year old, with appr ..USD 82.000....
It is a better choice than Volvo XC60 and so.. I think, because Nissan Murano is still a very rare vehicle in Norway, and I like drive a car people looking after, and say..wow..... what a car and what a design....
I just saw in pictures new 2015, but I like better Murano design for today, but I asked the dealer in Norway for new model for 2015, and there are possible buy in Norway from may 2015, but a oil burner version. I don`t know about petrol version yet................

#16 ·
Hello Erik, when you say oil-burner edition, is that what we call a diesel engine?

On the other side of the ocean when someone says they have an engine that burns oil, it usually means something else as in a engine with bad piston rings and lubrication oil is burned meaning the engine is finished. I know you are indicating the fuel is oil but is it diesel or does it actually use fuel oil of some sort that I am not aware existed?

Ha-Zeb and I asked the same question at the same time!

#17 ·
Used 2014 Murano S Buyer

I'm retired and work part time as a driver for a major rental car company. This past summer I drove a new 2014 Murano to pick up a customer. I drive a lot of different suv models and my first impression was this Murano is head and shoulders over all the brands in this class. I owned a 2009 Saturn Vue XR, which I did like, but it doesn't match the quality of the Murano interior and quietness.

I never buy new cars and have had good luck buying rental cars. Since my wife's 2004 LeSabre has reached the 150,000 mark it was time to replace it. The wife loved our friends' Murano it was easy to convince her. Plus she does like driving and SUV. Looking forward to owning this vehicle for a long time.

#20 ·
new SC memeber

I 'm the owner of a 2009 Murano that has issues.. My car has oil in the intake plenum and I have yet to figure out why. It has smoked on cold start ups for the past 6 months and I have tried just about every fix with the exception of replacing the valve covers.. the car has 92K miles and runs great except for the oil in the intake. I changed the PCV valve and spark plugs last month and to no avail, it still has oil in the plenum.. The engine has no blow by and the fresh air tube from the intake to the valve cover is oil free. I did notice Oil in the brake boost vacuum line when I had the intake off to wash out the oil. It appears that the oil has traveled into the vacuum lines and vacuum cannister if there is one on the Murano. Any suggestions as to what next??? Change valve covers???

#21 ·
I 'm the owner of a 2009 Murano that has issues.. My car has oil in the intake plenum and I have yet to figure out why. It has smoked on cold start ups for the past 6 months and I have tried just about every fix with the exception of replacing the valve covers.. the car has 92K miles and runs great except for the oil in the intake. I changed the PCV valve and spark plugs last month and to no avail, it still has oil in the plenum.. The engine has no blow by and the fresh air tube from the intake to the valve cover is oil free. I did notice Oil in the brake boost vacuum line when I had the intake off to wash out the oil. It appears that the oil has traveled into the vacuum lines and vacuum cannister if there is one on the Murano. Any suggestions as to what next??? Change valve covers???

@jimbob2527 - Welcome! A lot of knowledgeable and helpful folks here. If you haven't already, I suggest looking around and posting your question in the problem or performance areas. :)

#23 ·
@LeeButtersnaps - Welcome! Thanks for the pic. Kinda dark in your garage. When you have a moment, post some better pics. :)

Reactions: LeeButtersnaps
#24 ·
Howdy All!

Just purchased a used 2012 Murano, I've mostly driven mid-sized trucks [most of which are no longer on the market!]. I'm sure I'll grow to love this one, I'm just missing my large console/armrest storage at the moment ;)

Came by to look around and see if some of my questions are already answered here [I know forums are the best way to get questions answered!].

Stacie

Attachments

#25 ·
Well Howdy back Mr Howdypez.

Sweet lookin' ride ya got there. Welcome to our little part of the Internet.

#26 ·
Hi Everyone

I think I posted here a few years ago, but I can't seem to find my info. Anyway I have driven Muranos since 2009. Just turned in my 2011 and purchased a 2015 SL (Black on Black). I was not really looking for a Murano, but the new design and the standard features convinced me. I have had the car for about a week and love it.

#27 ·
Awesome, congratz!

#28 ·
Hey...my name is Willie...from central AR. I currently drive a 2012 loaded Maxima (2nd Maxima...first was a 2007). I also own a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Laredo V8 that I use for bad weather and pulling a utility trailer.

I joined this forum as I am very interested in picking up the new 2015 Murano to replace my 2012 Maxima (I was considering a 2012 Murano when I bought my current Maxima). I am wanting a newer reliable CUV that can haul my 2 pups and stuff while on long road trips (don't want to depend on the Jeep for long trips...and want better than 20 mpg hwy).

I hope to see what owners of the latest generation Murano are liking/disliking about the 2015s so far. I am really wanting a Pearl White Platinum FWD (no need for AWD with my Jeep parked next to it) with sunroof...with the cashmere or mocha interior. My Maxima has the charcoal interior and I really find it way too dark inside...and shows all the scuffs/scratches...so I plan to return to a lighter color interior. I know the driving experience will be different from my Maxima SV Premium...but I hope it won't be too much less engaging.

#29 ·
This post has been deleted
#31 ·
New to the site/forum. I've owned 09' SL Murano w/towing package 0 to 89k miles, a 13' Murano Platinum 0 to 33k w/towing package, and now a 15' Murano Platinum Arctic Blue/black interior 0 to 298 miles and currently without a tow package but as soon as they can put one on I will have that as well. I only tow a small 1k trailer around for mulch,wood, dirt and other small items. Nothing towed long distances or anything. I LOVE the new Murano. This will be the car I take into retirement in 5 years. The only problem I've ever had with my MOs is a small Class 1 transfer case leak which they fixed by replacing the entire transfer case at 45k. No other issues except a new battery in 2012 for the 09.
Also, I went with a FWD this time as opposed to the AWD. Never really used the AWD feature and just hated getting the bill for the diff oil changes and such that come along with the AWD.