Nissan Murano Forum banner

Backup Camera

10K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  batman 
#1 ·
Hey, guys. I have a couple of questions.

First, can you see a bit of your bumper at the bottom of the backup camera display? I can on mine, but I don't remember seeing it before. I'm hoping that closing the hatch hasn't shaken the camera a bit loose.

Second, I seem to remember the salesman telling me you can activate the backup camera at any time by pressing the Camera button on the console. Whenever I do that, all I get is the option to activate/deactivate the projection lines. The only way to activate the camera that I can see is to shift into reverse. (I only have the rear camera, not the side and front ones.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

#2 ·
When you place your car in reverse the backup camera is focused towards the immediate area behind your car and yes I can see the bumper on mine. When in camera view I see a split screen. The first screen shows a broad view of the area behind you and I can't see the bumper. The second screen shows a top view of the car and shows information from all four cameras. When I hit the Camera button again I get a view from the passenger side mirror camera only. I do not get the option to change the projection line settings. Are you in park when you do this or are you driving?

#3 ·
Thanks. Since you can see your bumper, I'm not going to worry about seeing mine.

So, it sounds like you are saying you can only activate the rear view along with top view, not the rear view by itself. That's probably how multi-camera models are supposed to work. I seem to remember while test driving one that only had the backup camera (but not the one I purchased) the salesman hit the Camera button and it activated the backup camera. I'm not positive. Now, I think I've been pressing the Camera button in park, but with the engine running. I can't say for sure I've done it while in drive. I'll have to try that next time I take it out. Thanks again.

#6 ·
Nope, no such luck. I've tried while at a stoplight; I've tried it while going less than 5mph. The one and only way I can activate my backup camera is to back up. For those such as myself that have only the backup camera (and no forward or side cameras) comment on whether they can activate their camera by pressing the Camera button?

#7 ·
I have all 4 cameras, but I cannot activate the rear camera unless I am in reverse. If I press the camera button while I'm in park or drive (less than ~5 mph) I can only see a split screen with the forward looking camera on one side and toggle the all around view or side view on the other side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.