Nissan Murano Forum banner

Send to car

20K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Blackmax 
#1 ·
Has anyone used the google send to car feature? Specifically, using google maps, send to car, then downloading into the nav? I heard about it, but it is nowhere in the documentation and I can't find anything on the nav menus.

#2 ·
I use it all the time and it works great. You'll have to set it up in your google account and be logged in when browsing in the map. Then when you pick a destination, you'll have an extra link to "send to car".

In the car, go to Apps, then pick Google which is the the only app you can pick :( Then one of the selections is send to car. Click that and you have all the addresses sent. Click the address you want and you'll be prompted to set as destination.

#6 ·
@ridera, @dirvin - I just cant get this to work. Even followed the instructions google has for send to car - but it doesn't appear on my phone when I search for an address.
I set up send to car in my google account (Im assuming Nissan Connect ID is the email I use to log into my Nissan Connect website. Its the same as my gmail).

When you say - "you have to be logged in when browsing the map". Logged in where? On my phone I am already logged into google maps since its an android phone.

Any assistance will be appreciated!

#8 ·
I don't believe that the Android Google maps app has the send to car feature. I had to install a separate app called "Send to Car". And then in Google maps, hit "Share" and then Select Send to Car.

Before you do that, have you tested with a computer rather than your phone? There, you should definitely see "send to car" provided you are logged into Google. Once you get that working, then you'll know that at least Google and your car is set up properly, then you can move on to the phone app.

Hope that helps.

#7 ·
I'm trying to set this up as well. When I set it up in my Google account, it wasn't my Account ID from the vehicle manufacturer. Is that just my email address that I use to log on to the Nissan Owner's portal?? I'm not sure what they are asking for there. Any help would be awesome! :)

#13 ·
OK, so I set this up in my Google account last week, and used it on Friday. Worked great, aside from having to connect the iPhone to the USB port. Would be great if this worked with Bluetooth, with iOS.

On the downside, when I went to use it later in the weekend, I had to remove the flash drive that I use for music, and then plug in the iPhone. Apparently, it didn't like that. Every time I tried to open the Google app, it told me that no device was connected. I know it was connected, because it automatically started playing music from phone, which is a feature I hate.

Anyway, I was only able to make it work once this weekend, which was a bummer. I'll just stick with entering addresses manually. It's easier than removing the flash drive and plugging in the phone, not knowing if it will detect it or not.

#15 ·
I just set it up and it works perfectly. I can send an address from Google Maps on my computer and it will be waiting in my car. I also downloaded an app for my android phone that can let me send directions from Google Maps on my phone. My phone automatically connect to the NissanConnect app after it connects to the car's Bluetooth and all I have to do is go to the Google app and select the address I just sent.

#21 ·
Um you know I am not sure however, after connecting my phone. Whenever, I sit in the Murano I get a pop up message that a application is trying to manage my Bluetooth connection and do I want to allow it?

So if I say no my phone won't connect to the Murano. I am using a Huawei Mate 2 Android phone so maybe the phone is configured differently. Not sure sorry not a phone techy type.

#22 ·
I've been pulling my hair out trying to use this feature as well. I have an iPhone 5. Is it true that you have to be using Google on a pc and NOT a mobile device? I've been sitting here trying to set it up on my iPhone or iPad and the send to car option doesn't appear in google maps on either iOS device.

Also, I'm not positive that I've set up my account properly in Google. I'm registered with Nissan connect but to register with Google, they ask for a Nissan connect account ID. I don't see an account number anywhere in my NC window. Would this be my VIN?

Yeah and I hate that every time I connect my phone music starts to play and it asks me if I want it connected yes or no...

#24 ·
And yes, it is easier and quicker just to type in a single address. Where the send to car feature is handy is when you are planning a trip and want to put in 5 or 10 destinations all at once, or when you want to put in a destination that the you can't seem to find by typing it in. For instance, if it is a new street or rural area, you can drop a pin on a google map to get a latitude and longitude and send that to the car.

#29 ·
Got my send to car thing to work, just need to make sure your google account with maps and Nissan connect are using the same email. On the google send to car setup screen your car id is your email adress. Nissan connect must be connected with your phone to receive the directions through the google app on the head unit.

#30 ·
A couple things I've found when actually using google on my Pc to send to the car. First, you must be using a full version of google maps, not the mobile version. Secondly, just enter the address you are looking to locate. Don't do it as looking for directions. Once you enter the address, click on the "Send to phone" option that should appear under the address you entered. Once you click on that, a drop down menu will appear that has "Car" as an option to send to. Click on "Car" and another small window will open up where you can click on "Send".

Note, each time I use this, after I hit send, it will tell me that there was a problem sending to my car and that it was "unable to send to car". The first time I encountered this error message I tried several more times, getting the same message each time. When I got to my car and logged in, there was about 7 sends for the same address in my cue for send to car. Each time it was sending just fine so I'm not sure why I kept getting the error message. Now I know to ignore the error message and it works just fine. Now if somebody could tell me how to delete addresses I'd be a happy camper.

#31 ·
Can't make this feature work in Murano SL. I have iPhone 6 with latest NissanConnect installed. I setup "Send to car" in my google account specifying my email as Account Id. I created account in NissanConnect under the same name (my email). I went to google maps on my laptop, logged in, I clicked destination, then [Sent to your phone] -> [Car] -> [Car or GPS device] with name [Murano] I created recently, I clicked [Send] and after message [Sending...] showing for few seconds I could see "Your destination has been sent.", so it pretends like it has successfully got connected somewhere and sent the location.

However I see nothing in my car. I connected my NissanConnect with USB cable and it said [Connected], but I cannot find the address on car's screen. Where is it supposed to be? From the video I watched it must be something like [Send to Car] in main menu, but I have not found it.

Does anybody know how google work behind the scene? knowing this might help me to resolve the problem. What is it connected to? I guess to Nissan online service identifing me by Account Id, then sending this information, but then what does Nissan do with it? Does it store the information in my account and this information is supposed to be transmitted via NissanConnet as soon as I'm connected?

#32 ·
The send to car locations will be under the Google Search Services (in Nissan Connect menu).

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yuri Michurin
#36 ·
That's correct, the list of send to car addresses. Thanks for the answer. Guess I have to be careful what addresses I send to the car....lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.