Nissan Murano Forum banner

Infotainment System Problem

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rafal 
#1 ·
OK, I'm having a weird issue recently. Here's the general problem... I was driving, listening to music via a USB flash drive (which I have been using for months without issues), using the navigation system, and also had my iPhone 5s connected via Bluetooth. When the song I was listening to ended, it didn't go to the next song. When I tried to change the audio source to FM, nothing happened. Tried to change it to CD, and nothing happened. Took out the USB drive and put it back in... nothing happened. Finally, I had to pull over, shut off the vehicle, and start it back up. That seemed to reboot the system, and everything was working again.

So, that was the first time it happened. Then I remembered that I had started having some weird Bluetooth issues recently, as well. Like, if I try to use my Google voice search, it will connect to the vehicle's microphone to hear my voice, and then when I'm done, it will stay connected, prompting me to "hang up." If I hit "hang up," nothing happens. I have to turn off my Bluetooth on my phone to get it to disconnect. Even when I do that, if I turn it back on, it immediately thinks I'm still in a call, and I get the "hang up" prompt again. Very weird.

Anyway, the problem with the audio source has continued. Although I haven't completely tested it, I think it happens when I have the navigation on, Bluetooth connected, and USB audio playing. Although, I think it happened the other day when I tried to change the radio from an HD station to a regular FM station.

Something tells me that it's a problem with my Bluetooth since the iOS was updated on my phone. I'm going to try to duplicate the problem so I can show them at the Nissan dealer, but I don't know what they could do about it.

So after that long story... is anyone else having similar problems recently?? If so, do you have an iPhone? I've got the iPhone 5s running iOS 8.4

Thanks for listening!

See less See more
#2 ·
Mine has locked up similarly 3-4 times and I wasn't using bluetooth. I think it encountered files on the USB drive that it couldn't play (FLAC maybe?). Sad that they couldn't put a reset button on it so you have to pull over and turn off the car.

#3 ·
I had a similar problem with my 2015 Murano SV. It happened 5 times already and I bought it less than a month ago. It either whole touchscreen does not work or just a left part. I can't change a stations, source and back button does not work. Sometimes it randomly changes. The next day it works like it never happened. I haven't used USB yet so I do not think this is an issue. I usually have my android phone (nexus 6) paired, but it also happened when I haven't had my phone with me. I recorded video with my phone so I can show it to Nissan Service Dept. and right now I'm waiting fo new screen/radio to arrive for replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.