Nissan Murano Forum banner

Got my new Nissan Murano S FWD for 2 weeks and have a few issues!

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Dushash 
#1 ·
Hi there, I got my pearl white Nissan Murano S FWD (yes, the very basic model ) for 2 weeks now and overall I'm quite pleased with the vehicle. I was attracted by its looks and the fact that even the S model had the navigation, heated front seats, backup camera, etc.

Over the 2 weeks of driving here in Toronto, Canada, I had a few issues:

1. the mileage seems low, my average fuel economy is between 14L - 15L/100km or 16MPG. I have about 750km distance logged and only has about 150km of fuel left before my 2nd full tank of gas is consumed. Is this normal for the break-in phase? (Note: I do most city driving with very little highway so there is quite a bit of stop and starts)

2. The rear right and center backseat (combined), once reclined, do not come springing back up when I pull the lever. The left rear seat works fine but not the right/center seat. Does anyone else have this problem or do I have a faulty spring?

3. For the navigation system, sometimes some options (e.g. enter new address) are greyed out when I enter the menus and have to re-enter multiple times for the features to show up. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or the navi system is a bit unresponsive at times?

Still, all in all, I like my Murano at the price I bought at ($37k CAD after everything) which in my mind is the best value for this vehicle class.

Your responses to the above issues that I'm encountering would be appreciated!

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
15mpg for mostly city driving sounds about right. It's not a Prius, it's a big, heavy SUV with a V-6. Good mileage will be seen when you're on the highway going 60mph, either with cruise control on or feathering the accelerator.

#4 ·
Yes, go to dealer for the rear seat fix - it shouldn't be like that.
For 14-15L per 100km (16MPG) in city like Toronto with it's heavy stop and go - I would say it's normal. Still after a while when you'll get used to the car - you should get combined a bit lower than that. Hopefully something like 13L per 100km (18MPG) considering mostly stop and go city traffic.

#5 ·
My milage has gone up a few MPG over the first 1,500 miles, so I think you will also see some improvements. I've also noticed that the gas mileage is terrible during the first 5-10 minutes after startup (probably to help heat up the catalytic converters faster), so if you are lucky enough to have a 10 minute commute like me, 16mpg is to be expected.

#6 ·
I consistently hit 11.2L per 100km for backroad highway and stop and go city combination. I have a 2015 Black Platinum fully loaded. So far about 5000km.

Seat issue is definitely a problem that needs service.

I'm guessing you were moving when you tried the Nav. Try stopping to operate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.