Nissan Murano Forum banner

Outdated Navigation

6K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  spyderdan 
#1 ·
We've had our 2015 Murano Platinum for about 2 months. I can't believe how many points-of-interest (along with some streets) are missing from the Navigation. We were told we had the most recent 2015 version. But after looking at the information, we have the "13-14YEAR" (ver. 596). Can others confirm that this is what they have? I just want to be sure that we didn't get stuck with an older version.

Thanks,
Dan

See less See more
#6 ·
I don't understand how that site "knows" that I have the most up to date version. How do they know if it wasn't accidentally installed incorrectly at the factory. Also, if you select and older model, it says that there is a 2015 version available. Something's not right here. Can any of you that responded confirm that you have the same version as I do? Just click on INFO on the car audio menu.

#10 ·
I have to say that the navigation has been my biggest disappointment with the new Murano. Searching for points of interest is completely useless... but I digress.

Anyway, as far as missing streets go, I ran into this problem over the weekend. The website for the place I was going to had the street listed as PA-268. The Nissan nav couldn't find the street when I tried to enter the address. I put it in Google maps on my phone and it found the street. I was like, what the f*uck?! So frustrating! Luckily, I has some time before I had to leave, so I put it in Google maps on my laptop, and used the send to car feature. That worked great!! I noticed on Google maps that PA-268 was also called E Brady Road. For fun, I put that directly into the address in the Nissan nav, and that worked fine.

So... It may not be that the maps aren't up to date, or they have missing roads. It could be that there are several names for the same road, and it just doesn't know them all. In the end, I would suggest setting up the "send to car" feature in Google Maps, and use that whenever you can. That seems to work for me 99% of the time.

Good luck!

#12 ·
It only sends the address. I doesn't send the route info. The vehicle will still have to calculate the route it takes, etc. It just helps save some time, so you don't have to enter the address manually, and also helps in situations where you can't find the road, or city/town, when entering the address manually.

#17 ·
As most of us are so used to using our mobile phones for navigation, traffic, search, etc., I think we're all underwhelmed when we start to use the nav/maps that come with most cars. It's sad that we have this expensive feature in our cars, yet we still rely on the apps that are contained on our devices. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto can't come soon enough. It would be so convenient to just extend the capabilities of our phones to our cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.