Nissan Murano Forum banner

Do you feel your A/C could be colder?

4K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Pilgrim 
#1 ·
I've noticed our 2015 Murano doesn't blow out extremely cold air when the temp is in the mid-80s or above - regardless of how long we have it running. All of our other cars blow much cooler air (including our 2009 Murano).

#2 ·
I don't know where you are but it's 105F here now and I keep my AC set to 85-87, and I frequently turn down the fan to only 1 notch or 2. I have a black interior too.

Maybe it's the cooled seats (always on) but I actually find the AC in this car uncomfortably cold (which is a good thing). I would compare it to the big ACs in big GM cars cadillacs etc which will blowdry your hair.

YMMV because mine is typically covered, garage at home and often garaged at work.

Also [RUMOR WARNING] I have heard some manufacturers use prohibited, superior AC coolant from the factory so the first six months or so you are getting AC performance you will not get on standard enviro-safe coolant. I have no way to test this. It is hearsay from a mechanic I trust but he's no chemical engineer.

#3 ·
Ok, but why only first 6 months? Usually if you don't have a leak or someone drains it on purpose - your coolant should still be there. And it's a very stable refrigerant chemical - it's not going to change chemical formula suddenly after 6 months. (Not that I believe in that rumors, due to if it was truth - manufacturers could face huge legal problems).

#4 ·
I have mine set to 72 degrees, and it has no issues cooling the cabin in the near 100 degree and humid days recently around AR. It blows very cold air...and only briefly blows at full speed (I would say the first 5-10 min of a drive). I may have to stick a thermometer in the vent to get a real reading (like a meat thermometer or something similar...but one that reads in the 20-60 deg F range). You may want to try the same. Drive on the hwy for a bit...get a temp reading from the vent and a comparison temp on your dash display at the same time. Post the results here. Maybe we can get several readings from different owners of 2015s.

#6 ·
Have to agreee with cbenj. Best a/c ever, though it needs to be on RECIRC in the heat of a central Texas summer. It does take about 5 minutes to start getting really cold though. After that, it will freeze me out of the car.

#10 ·
I agree. I like the A/C cranked in my car and in my house. But the A/C in this vehicle is too cold even for me. It's the first vehicle I've had with automatic climate control. I'm a little bummed out that even though its automatic I'm still always fiddling with it while driving because I get too cold.

#12 ·
I can't complain about Murano AC. My experience has been the temperature is a matter of personal preference in our Murano. During the summer here in Phoenix, my wife wants her side on 60-65 almost all of the time, while I have to close the vents on my side even with my side temperature set in the 70's. After sitting in the midday full sun, 115-130 inside the cabin, it takes about 3-4 minutes to cool down, and 7-8 minutes to get it to the wife's preferred range. Our 2006 Frontier Crew Cab with fully charged AC is a little slower to cool the truck and doesn't get quite a cold, but I am more than happy with Murano AC performance. :)

#13 ·
I think it's plenty cold. One weird thing I've noticed is that sometimes the AC light on the button isn't always on, but it's obviously blowing really cold air. I find that odd. When I see it, I press the AC button and the light comes on, but the air doesn't get cooler, so obviously the AC was already on, even though the button said otherwise. Not a huge deal. Just something I've noticed.

#15 ·
Automatic climate controls come in varying degrees of "smart", and temp sensors are mounted in a variety of places, some better than others. It's not unusual for me to set one a couple of degrees colder or warmer than my desired setting to get an effective setting that's comfortable. No big deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.