Nissan Murano Forum banner

2015 Murano Owner Age

8K views 30 replies 29 participants last post by  cbording 
#1 ·
Curious what the age is of the 2015 Murano owner. Nissan was marketing to empty nesters with an average age of 45 (seems too young to be an empty nester). I'm 39 and own a pearl white platinum w/the optional chrome Nissan wheels.

#8 ·
31. Married but no kids (and no plans to have them any time soon).

I read an article that the target for the Murano was not only to be empty-nesters but also young couples. They supposedly envisioned it as a vehicle that could take two couples and their luggage out on a wine-tasting excursion and have enough room to be comfortable and sight-lines to be social during the trip. So those could be empty-nesters or young couples.

#21 ·
44 here and no kids either, but I do have a friend who is 43 and will an empty nester @ 44 after his youngest child #3 graduates high school next spring but he doesn't own a murano lol.

#14 ·
38 and 35 (wife) we have 1 daughter and hoping to enjoy long vacation trips that Murano is basically made for. For us it's a minivan replacement, but more comfy and quiet ride. More fuel efficient too. I'm comparing it to our TownNCountry that we sold to get Murano. SV Pearl White FWD (but here in Canada SV comes with pan.moonrof, power liftgate, remote start, power seats, heated steering wheel. So it's packed nicely, the only thing missing is 20inch rims (that I am on a fence - since they will make ride a bit harsher and noisier), leather seats and helpers like collision warning and LED low-beams. Not felt like paying $10K more for that, so went with SV.

#17 ·
Age 65, kids out of the house, bought used 07 in 2010 replacing 1999 Chevy Blazer. Since sold and replaced with 2008 BMW 328xi E91 Sportwagon with six-speed manual transmission.

The Murano was a great road vehicle - comfortable and decent gas mileage, and had abundant rear seat room whcih transporting kids or friends. It also had better space utilization and storage than the Blazer. I decided that I wanted a vehicle with a higher fun factor in sriding, and the BMW provides it...even at 98K miles when I bought it.

#22 ·
40, just turned with a wife and no kids but we are recently married so you never know. I replaced my Juke which I was a little sad to do, great, fun car to drive but very happy with my Murano. SL AWD, Gun Metallic. I'm in Canada so I think our SL, SV packages are different from those in the U.S.A. I think my SL has the 'Tech' package included.

Anyways, nice ride!

#24 ·
I'm 53... Never married, no kids...
On Aug. 15th, I bought the '15 SV with the California Sunset coloring, premium package (moon-roof, floor mats, 11 Bose speakers), mirror turn signals/blind side mirrors, black interior, and black roof rails... Owning cars since the age of 18, none being luxury, or top-end models, used only for basic transportation, the '15 Murano, with its basic standard features inside and out, and only the Premium Package, for me, is my first "luxury" vehicle! I've had most cars for anywhere from 5 to 12 years, and feel that I will have this one well into my 60's, but after only 2 weeks I can say... I LOVE THIS CAR!

#25 ·
I'm 54 and your experience mirrors mine almost to a tee; although I am divorced with no kids. I traded in my fully load 2010 Maxima SL for the Murano and the Murano experience is definitely more luxury feel than when I first started off with my Maxima.

In fact I was just talking to a coworker who is still driving a 2012 Maxima and who bought because I stated to him that it was the best car I ever owned. Now I'm telling him that the Murano is the best car I ever owned and he is looking at more and more with envious eyes. :10:

#29 ·
I was 30 when I bought my 2015 Murano.. Turned 31 in July.. I love it! I went from a 2005 Nissan Sentra (my first dealer bought car I ever purchased in 2005)... To the SV Murano.. Talk about an upgrade. At least for me it felt huge.. 10 years between purchases haha.. But my Sentra never gave me a problem so I stuck with Nissan..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.