Nissan Murano Forum banner

Windshield Wiper Sizes

8K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Worldon1finger 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 Murano Platinum and just received a set of Rain X Latitude wiper blades I ordered through Amazon Prime. The recommended sizes are 26" for drivers side and 16" for passenger side. The driver side is OK at 26". However, the passenger side at 16" is too short when compared to the OEM one that came from the factory which measures close to 17.5" long. Was wondering if any of you could check your wiper blades to see what you received installed from the factory. Looked in owners manual and couldn't find wiper size specs. In the meantime I am going to reorder a 17" one as that is the closest size to the OEM one installed from the factory.

#3 ·
Question about 2007 wiper size. 2003-2005 use a 19" blade on the passenger side, but 2006-2007 list it as an 18" blade. With Gen 1 being 2003-2007, would the 19" still work on the 2006-2007 models? Or did Nissan shrink the windshield for '06-'07 years that would prohibit using the bigger 19's? My wife went out shopping and decided to buy her own wipers, and said the book in Wally World stated a 19" is needed for the '07 passenger side. Can I use it without any problems, or do I return it and exchange it for an 18"?

PS - it's interesting that Nissan uses a 26" driver side wiper across all three generations but the passenger size continues to shrink: '03-'05 = 19", '06-'07 = 18", and '08-on = 16". Did the windshield size change significantly in size as the years rolled by, or is there another good reason for these smaller passenger side sizes?

#4 ·
You need 18" for the passenger side on 2015+.

#6 ·
If you check the Rain-X website it's 18" for the passenger side; this is a nominal size, not the exact measurement which is around 17". I replaced mine with their Weatherbeater and they fit and work perfectly. 16" was for previous gen as mentioned above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.