Nissan Murano Forum banner

Removing A pillar -- I apologize if duplicate

9K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  RedMur15 
#1 ·
Hello Fellow 3G Murano owners!
I looked but could not find any videos/instruction how to remove the "a" driver-side pillar..maybe did not look correctly. I want to run my radar detector wires thorough it down to the fuse box..any help/advise/step-by-step is greatly appreciated.

Oh -and love this beast!!! last car I got excited about was 2003 G35.

#2 ·
You don't need to remove it. I hardwired my dashcam the same way you want. Use a fuse tap and run the wire up on the left side. When you open the driver side door and look at the dash from the side, you'll see a panel that you can easily remove by gentle prying (just use your hands, don't even need a tool). When you do that you will also see a threaded hole in the frame that doesn't have any bolt in it. You can use this hole to put in an M12 grounding bolt for your electronic device. Now you can run your + wire up along the A pillar by pulling down the weather stripping a little bit...it is not glued there so it comes off easily...there will be a gap between the frame and the A pillar where you can tuck your wire...you only have to pull the top of the A pillar a little bit (don't unclip it) so you'll have a gap between the pillar and the headliner and then you can cross offer towards the windshield...then tuck your wire under the windshield and your are done....

#5 ·
It's actually quite easy to remove. Just gently pull where the vertical A-pillar piece meets the trim that goes over the window area. It's held in by some plastic fasteners. Once the first one pops out, run your hand down the length of the piece and pull until the next fastener pops out. And so on..

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.