Nissan Murano Forum banner

2016 Model Speculation - Should I buy 2015 Now?

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  rushinbear 
#1 · (Edited)
Have another thread on this board requesting info regarding SL of Platinum models. Was going to add the below to it but figured it would be better to start a new thread. So the situation is this, I have time to get a new car. Should I wait until the 2016 comes out (December/January?) and look for a great deal on a '15 or get the latest and greatest? The third option would to buy a '15 now.

I know the body style will not change much but would love to see some enhancements is some tech - NAV, voice control and apps. It would be great if they would incorporate Google into their decks via Android Auto. Also, would love both standard and adaptive cruise. I have not used adaptive cruise but would like the option in case it did not work for me and I want to go back to the old standby.

What are your thoughts about the timing and also getting these features on the 2016 model?

#2 ·
you will never go back to regular cruise. Adaptive cruise just works. It slows down if the car in front of you does, speeds back up if the car in front of you does. You can leave it on in stop and go traffic. You can adjust following distance. It would be like asking phone companies to put in physical keyboards on a touchscreen phone. There will be a little demand at first, then drop off the face of this planet.

There's no solid releases about the 2016 models. I would say check the inventory around you and if there is a good amount, wait another month or so until they release the details. As far as I know, there was a release in August saying the Murano will not have any substantial changes. But that may just be trying to protect the MY2015 sales numbers. Who knows.

The 2016 Nissan lineup: Charting the changes - Nissan Online Newsroom

I was in the same boat as you. I could wait, or I could just jump in and buy. I bought in the first week of September and haven't looked back lol.

#7 ·
Thanks for the information and link. Not much given in terms of the 2016 model - as you stated, I'm sure they do their best to keep it under the radar in order to protect current sales.

I agree, if adaptive cruise works as advertised then no reason to go back.

As stated, I have time but reached out to my current dealer to see what deals are out there. This will help with the overall evaluation.

#4 ·
Don't expect any significant changes for MY16 as this is rarely done the immediate year after any car launches unless there were major problems. In fact the 2nd year of production is when the manufacturers squeeze there supply base for cheaper parts without reducing the price to the consumers.

#8 ·
The incentives haven't gotten any better. Maybe because of fear the Feds might raise rates, or because it's a first year car. It's 0% for 36 months or 0.9% for 60 plus $500 rebate right now. It was the same in September. New incentives will come into effect in November. You might want to see what those are. Or you might get burned. I think June and July they had 0% for 60 months. So the incentives got worse lol.

#9 ·
First go around with my local dealer came in at 10% off MSRP. This includes the $500 discount for 0.9% financing/60-months. TTL would be extra. Murano sales are up a good bit this year. The will probably be up over 30% year over year. Have to decided if I want to do the dance and start negotiations. Really do not know how much I can squeeze for a better price. Either way, I can always walk if I don't get what I would like. Again, don't need the car right now. What do you think about the 10% off? How does it compare to your deal in September?

#10 ·
Well my experience from buying cars, and Ive bought many is to wait more towards the end of the month. Dealers are trying to make their numbers, and you can save more then. I also like using kbb,nada,and truecar for pricing. I shop several dealerships and get numbers to compare too. Also if you can wait I would expect Dec to be a great month end of year 2016 coming out, and who really likes to buy a car around the holidays?

#12 ·
I understand and appreciate the advice. At a minimum, I will wait until the end of the month to pull the trigger. At the same time, seriously thinking of waiting for the new version. If not too much of an update, I will look to buy the 2015 on closeout. Just have to keep an eye out for 2015 inventory.

#11 ·
I think they gave me $40,880 for platinum awd w tech package and both rubber and carpet floor mats, retractable cargo cover, cargo package, splash guards and interior accent lights before taxes and the $500 rebate.

Decent deal. Didn't want interior accent lights which is like a $200 option but it's from the factory so oh well.

#17 ·
Interesting but I am so old fashion. It amazes me how car manufacturers are so into phones, connections to emails, connections to the internet, and apps, and so on. It is a CAR/SUV. I dont want time/money/resources spent on that crap for cars or trucks. You are driving. You have a PHONE in your hand. Dont mix the two. The only thing that we have ever connected up was a phone link to talk if a phone call came in. But with the new Murano we didnt even bother.

Again, I am old fashion and would rather the expenses and options be what we are seeing today, Blind Spot monitoring, cameras, collision protection features, and a "luxury" item like the adaptive cruise control. All of these things are designed to make it safer for the driver..... and I doubt they make an app for that!!!

added via edit.... I dont do facebook or twitter or that other stuff. Like I need to say hey look at me, I do that with my beautiful 2015 Nissan Murano :)

#18 ·
While I'm not a Luddite, I don't see the point of all these apps on the car - that's what my smart phone is for. I just want bluetooth music and handsfree phone. I have a feeling that the more integrated it becomes will lead to issues of incompatibility in a few years when phones OSs update and the car stays the same.

Reactions: rjardine
#20 ·
I'm actually of the same sentiment and don't really care about the apps working or not. I just like having something to tweak Nissan's nose about because they give me grief when my stuff isn't working, so back at ya I say! :9:

To me having apps is redundant since I have a phone that does a better job. I can't believe they expect people to like the SiriusXM bloatware. Does anybody really use the stock ticker or sports score stuff? Give me a break.

#19 ·
I agree to a point of not needed these apps. I would like better integration with my phone for maps/navigation/traffic. Also, blue tooth music is required and I know this works. With that said, shame on Nissan for promoting this full integration in their marketing materials. Looking at the Murano catalog and there is two full glossy colored pages dedicated to the Nissan Connect app and how wonderful it is to stay in touch. In addition, my sales guy started out telling me how great and connected this car is. I had to show him how well received the connect app really is. He is pretty new and I truly believe he did not have the background as others may have.

In the end, no they are not needed. However, if you market and use them to sell you product, they should work. Some people have in some ways based their decision on some of these features. As with most things, caveat emptor.

#21 ·
I recently saw a BMW commercial that shows the vehicle can actually read (via sound) your emails!!!!!

almost as stupid as

"Accident Forgiveness". You know where the young lady wrecks her new car and they dont give her back her new car price. Well that auto insurance company says they do....... ummm, with the disclaimer that you have to sign up for that type of coverage.... well daaaaaaaaaa, if you want it then expect to pay more.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.