Nissan Murano Forum banner

Dashcam installation

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  dand. 
#1 ·
I'm going to install a dashcam behind the rear view mirror in 'my 2015 Murano. I need to run a power cable from the mirror area down to the fuse box. haven't dismantled anything yet but I'm concerned about removing the trim without damage. I think I can get down the pillar, but I'm a little lost on how to get it into the dish.

Any guidance on the best way to route the cable down the pillar and into the dash?

#2 ·
Can you splice into the Rear View Mirror? My Radar Detector is hardwired into the rearview. Then I use a blend mount that hooks to the Rear View mirror which holds the detector.
I paid to have it done but it really didn't look that hard to do.

#4 ·
Deimatt, brilliant. I didn't realize the mirror had a plug on the back. A company called Invisicord makes adapters to piggyback dashcams and radar detectors off that jack. I just ordered this USB adapter here; claims to be a 1 minute install:
Invisicord Products

Thanks for the tip!

#11 ·
I ordered my invisicord last week from their site, but when i checked the status it still says processing. Did any of you encounter this? How long did it take you to receive your item? I emailed the seller but still no response.
I actually had this exact situation happen - ordered on the 16th and paid via Paypal. Their website says they ship on Tuesdays and Fridays, so when it was still "processing" Friday night, I sent a message, no response. Sent another message last night, no response. Went to check the mail this afternoon, and the cord had been delivered (and still shows as "processing"). So, I guess they just don't update order status very well.

The product, by the way, seems pretty legit. Took almost no effort to install and doesn't seem nearly as flimsy as the MirrorTap cord that I had tried (and repeatedly broke the tabs off of) on another car in the past.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.