Nissan Murano Forum banner

New Tire Recommendations For 2015 SL?

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  CaryTx 
#1 ·
Hello,

I need to get a new tire for my 2015 Nissan Murano SL. I picked up something in the tire and it is going flat. I don't get tires repaired but instead plan on replacing 2 tires and getting road hazard insurance. I don't want to get plugs in my tires because I drive too much and just want safe tires, I just don't trust repairs.

SUV currently has the stock Continental tires.

I live in Dallas so snow isn't a factor but rain, road construction and bad roads are. I do a equal amount of highway and city driving.

I want a quiet ride, I want the SUV to still handle as well as it does now. I currently average 23.9 miles to the gallon and want a tire that won't impact this negatively.

I need some guidance and suggestions. 2015 Murano currently has 16,500 miles on it, I have had it 11 months.

#3 ·
Okay, understood. I didn't know that.

With 16,500 miles should I just replace the tire that is leaking with the same type of tire or look at replacing all 4 with a different brand? I have no issue with the brand I have now but I am just not sure how long they will last.

#7 ·
I've never had a tire with a plug fail or leak. I've had to plug at least 4 tires that I can remember (2 on brand new tires
) and drove many many trouble free miles on them. And as stated above if the plug is not near the sidewall I wouldn't even worry about it.

#9 ·
I've never had a plugged tire go bad at the plug. More likely on your 2014 Altima they damaged the rim's sealing surface or didn't clean it properly. I'd just get it repaired (by someone else) and wait until you had a few more miles on the car. I have 30K on mine and I am thinking I will have to replace them next spring with some better tires. I don't see these lasting the full 75K mile rating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.