Nissan Murano Forum banner

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  PeterJ 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Just signed up, and wanted to say hi from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Just pulled the trigger on a lease for a 2016 Murano Platinum in Gun Metal. Loving it so far. If I'm not mistaken, our Muranos differ from yours in that we can't add packages to our models. I could be mistaken, but I've read some threads from people talking about adding tech packages, etc to their model when they bought it - that's not available to us. Anywho, happy Tuesday! :)

PJ

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Maybe a misunderstanding in how you worded your sentence, but we don't buy a base level and then add packages at the dealership. The dealerships have a variety of Muranos with different packages on the lot ready to go. There are dealer options you can add, but packages are built at the plant. The Platinum level is one that has all the "packages".

#6 ·
Was poorly worded. We don't have packages, per se. On the lot in Canada, if you buy a Platinum, for example, you're automatically getting the "tech package". There's no option to buy a Platinum without the tech package. I.E. You can't get a platinum without Power Panoramic Moonroof, Forward Emergency Braking, Intelligent Cruise Control, and Predictive Forward Collision Warning. But we also can't add these as a "Technology Package" to the SL. Adding that package to an SL? It's a Platinum! :)

I probably just made things worse! ;)

#5 ·
Your Platinum comes fully loaded with all factory installed options in Canada. In the US, you have some different ways to option out the vehicle. Not sure of this is good or not so good. I would have preferred my Platinum to be only front wheel drive as opposed to the mandatory all wheel drive.
But, that's the way we have to buy them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.