Nissan Murano Forum banner

2-Speed CVT?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Serega28 
#1 ·
My 2016 Murano is listed as having a 2-speed CVT. How can that be? I thought CVTs didn't have gear speeds.

#3 ·
"The standard features of the Nissan Murano S include 3.5L V-6 260hp engine, 2-speed Xtronic CVT transmission with overdrive, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS), side seat mounted airbags, curtain 1st and 2nd row overhead airbags, driver knee airbag, airbag occupancy sensor, automatic air conditioning, 18" aluminum wheels, cruise control, ABS and driveline traction control, electronic stability."

From: 2016 Nissan Murano SUV Showroom at Fort Worth Nissan

There are many references to the 2-speed Xtronic CVT. I just picked one at random.

#7 ·
I agree with this. I think "two speeds" is a misinterpretation of the way that drive ratios are programmed into the transmission control software.

That copy was evidently written by someone associated with Fort Worth Nissan, and there's a pretty good chance that they are a marketing person with limited knowledge of mechanical concepts, especially (based on evidence) how a CVT works.

Reactions: Mikeybc
#6 ·
2 speed cvt

I was also under that impression. I have searched forum, youtube, Jatco, etc. I believe we have the JF010E transmission, and I thought it had the auxiliary 2 speed gearbox for cruising. I have been unable to verify. I am getting vibration at 50mph on up, and wonder if that could be it. EVERYONE had balanced and rebalanced the tires, check for roundness, checked rim, and assure me it is not the tire or rim. I'm frustrated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.