Nissan Murano Forum banner

moon roof wind noise in 2016 Murano SV

13K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  VIPLex 
#1 ·
Just got my 2016 Murano SV premium model with Bose speakers and Panoramic Moon Roof.

Ride is fine- but as i drive the wind noise from the roof sounds like a door is slightly open.

for the record I had the dealer bring another Murano with moon roof to see if the issue is the same and it is!

wind noise frustration- any thoughts or similar experiences with the panoramic
moon roof?

#4 ·
As I stated in another post, I bought a Murano SL with tech, and had nothing but issues with it, Nissan eventually replaced it with a platinum with tech, the differences between the two cars was night and day, however neither have or had any wind noise coming from the glass roof, I will say the quality control on these new Murano is pretty bad from one vehicle to the next, I dunno if I just got lucky that the replacement that it was gone over before it left the factory better or what...
I suggest Keep taking it back to the dealer until it's fixed, and start a paper trail , also I'd suggest calling Nissan USA consumer affairs and escalate it to a regional rep if the dealer isn't able to resolve the wind noise issue, I realize that these aren't necessary " a preimun brand" but at 44 plus grand there not cheap and we shouldn't have to deal with issues on vehicles in this price range.... good luck and keep us posted

#19 ·
Update.... I now have 1,700 miles on my Murano and the wind noise comming in has started, it appears that it's comming from where the front glass and rear glass meet in the middle, as a few of you guys have stated the wind gets in the vehicle even when the vehicle is sitting and not even moving, it gets worse when driving at high speeds and is really bad if it's windy outside, I also noticed that the plastic channel that's inside under where the front and rear glass meet has had quite a bit of water in it, I'm assuming that's to channel the water to the sides so it can drain, from reaseraching different types of panaromac sunroofs and regular sunroofs Its my understanding that the roof is designed that water can get by the seals and drain, got an appointment this Friday hopefully it just needs adjusted or somthung, I hope what ever they do doesn't make it worse, there's no excuse nissan or the dealer can give to excuse this, claiming they all do it isn't going to cut it for me ....anyone else get their wind noise resolved ?

#5 ·
I have the same EXACT problem on my 2015 SL w/tech. While driving it sounds like a door or window is open, there is a whooshing sound coming from the panoramic glass which is much louder at higher speeds. Everything is closed properly and I tried to "prove" the seal was broken by testing with water but there are no leaks. I thought it was just the design of the car or I was going crazy but friends have commented on it as well.

#7 ·
I have this exact same problem on my 2016 Platinum. At first I thought the wind noise was coming from the rear passenger side window but discovered it's actually coming from where the front part of the moonroof meets the back part. Very noticeable when driving into the wind on windy days. On really windy days I can even hear some wind noise through the moonroof when the car is parked when there is a big gust of wind.

#11 ·
Hello, I am owner of a nissan murano sv 2016 since October 2016, I have 4300 km on the kilometer, I have problems of wind noise with my sunroof, section the front, three times I bring my car At the dealership, the last time at the end of January, we change the front part to the full sunroof, which improved 80% sealing, but we still enter the wind but much less, the technical advisor says that I was not the only one to see this problem! Mounting problem? Or manufacturing? Is there a reminder for this problem?

#13 ·
Hello, I 2016 Nissan Murano SL AWD, with 2210 miles on the car, I hear the wind noise from the rear door. Took it to two different dealership they had replace the rear door weather strip.

Still able to hear the same level of noise. Left at dealership again today, will update what they come up with this time.

#14 ·
Moon roof wind noise in 2016 Murano SL

I also have noticed very bad wind noise in my 2016 SL. It gets very noticeable when I get above 45 or 50 mph, but is loud even on a windy day. While driving it sounds like it comes from the right rear area. When I had a rear passenger he said it sounds like it comes from near the driver's seat. This is my first Nissan (I love everything about the car otherwise), but the wind noise is really intolerable and my only beef. I will be leaving it at my dealer for a day in the next few weeks to check out. I've owned a number of other vehicles (Hondas, BMW's) and never had such a noise issue. Has anyone tried a wind deflector in front of the moonroof? I don't really want to put one on, but maybe it will help?

#16 ·
I did not have a wind noise issue UNTIL I had the cross bars installed by the dealership. Now when I get above 35 MPH it sounds like a mini tornado above my head. I love the look the cross bars add, but I feel like the only reason I have the wind noise is because of them. Is everyone experiencing this whistling/wind noise with or without cross bars?

#20 ·
Hi Folks

I have a 16 Sl with about 8500 klm.
Even with the moon roof cover closed i notice a wind noise coming from what seems to be the right rear window / or back part of moon roof.
Its especially evident on windy days and at speeds about 80 klm.hr and up.

My partner thought it might be the roof rails. Note i don't have cross bars.

i hope to add this to my fix list when i go in next ; along with the radio issue and a fix for broken right mirror camera.

#24 ·
2017.5 Murano SV Premium Plus Package purchased about 3 weeks ago with 35 miles on the odometer.

On the first long trip we took I started experiencing wind noise coming from the panoramic moonroof rear passenger area. Sounds similar to what others have described which is like a noise coming into the vehicle when the window is open while in motion.

After a week and of half of trying to get an appointment at the dealership I was able to be seen today. The Nissan technician took it on the highway to replicate the issue which the noise was loud as ever. Brought it back to the dealership to see if there are any holes on the rubber seal surrounding the moonroof or any adjustment that can be done which was negative.

The dealership couldn't do much to fix the problem. They recorded their findings and advise for me to open a case with Nissan USA consumer affairs which was done. I'm now awaiting a response from the regional office.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.