Nissan Murano Forum banner

windshiled replacement

7K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  mos2009murano 
#1 ·
I cracked my windshield... generic non OEM windshield $600 OEM from Nissan $1200.00 Insurance has a $500 deductable.... so do I go through insurance and get the Nissan or pay out of pocket for the non OEM. How much different can the cheaper windshield be? I also believe that some of these glass companies will pay up to $200 for deductable.

#3 ·
I'd go with the OEM windshield, I'm pretty sure it's laminated to reduce wind noise coming Tru it, you may not get that benefit from an after market windshield, also check your insurance, with most policy you won't get an increase in preimuns for a whinsheild claim.....

#4 ·
I would definitely go with the OEM windscreen if you can. As mentioned by MyMoCMH, they're acoustically laminated and are not only quieter but they're also typically stronger. It's a critical structural component in the event of a crash or rollover. Depending on your insurance coverage it could be more money but well worth it if it's affordable for you.

#5 ·
With glass replacement it doesn't affect your insurance rates.

I've always gone least expensive route, but that's me.

#6 ·
I had a non oem replacement windshield put in my 09 MO and without going into details trust me go with the Nissan original. A mistake I will never make again. And insurance rates don't go up because of glass deductibles.

Reactions: TiberiusTwerk
#9 ·
I would go OEM only for the windshield/glass. I had a different vehicle before that had its windshield replaced with an aftermarket version and there were slight distortions on the glass. These said distortions made it very annoying for driving specially at night.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Mine cracked just a little while ago as well - I get the feeling the glass they are using is "softer" (if that makes any sense). I had a Toyota Camry for 10+ years and never had to change the glass on it, even though it had been pelted several times with small rocks... not even a chip on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.