Nissan Murano Forum banner

LED Conversion Kit and PIAA Ion Yellow Halogen Fogs

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  joebrez 
#1 ·
Here's my MO with the recent light upgrades... looks pretty good!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good!!!
For the LED are these the bright source ones you mentioned in the other thread? The one you linked said it's for High beam, is it the same?
How well the light throws/gos in comparison to stock halogen? All the people complain that LED does not go as far and visibility is not enough, what's your experience so far? Thanks

#3 ·
Yep those are them. I noticed that on the website as well so I called the company before ordering just to verify they would be suitable for dipped beams and they assured me they are. They're a local company based in Vancouver, not far from here so that was a win for me.

To be honest they're significantly brighter than the halogens. Even my spouse commented on it as soon as she got in the vehicle and she doesn't normally appreciate that sort of thing. Beam pattern is perfect. There's a small artifact where the beam passes through the headlight lens caused by a shadow from the aluminum staulk with the LEDs on either side. Doesn't affect the throw at all nor does it look out of place; quite seamless. We've had some gnarly West Coast weather this week with driving rain and I'm impressed with how well they light up road signs and reflectors at night. This is my first experience with LEDs and they're impressive, I wouldn't go back to halogen.

TT.

#5 ·
Much simpler process as there are no grounds or relay harness to deal with. Simply plug one end of the control module into the LED and the other into the stock harness. Done. I hen mounted the driver units with zip ties. Installed in 5 minutes and another 10 to tie them off. These photo order DS control module, DS LED unit, PS control module, PS LED unit

Attachments

#6 ·
Been thinking about the Enlight HID kit, but if I could find an LED kit sans harness that I liked I'd probably go that route. Yours look nice. Which kit did you buy? Obviously the emitted light looks better, but how does it compare to stock halogens in terms of illuminating the road? That's been the main knock on LEDs preventing me from scooping them up.

#7 ·
ok great thanks for the info and for the pictures. So does that mean that LED kits dont come with relays at all because they use such a low watts? Because for the hid kits they have a relay to protect the oem electronics so it dosent mess with that. So is the LED different im guessing? could anyone clarify

Thanks

#8 ·
I bought these ones...

http://brightsourcehid.com/product/94911-h11-low-beam-led-kit-reversible-heatsink/

They use Philips Luxeon chips and have a small external driver; waterproof and housed in aluminum but there are units out there with the driver built right into the bulb. Not sure if they're any more/less reliable but these should last as long as the vehicle itself so good enough for me.

Power draw from LED is low and constant enough that a relay harness isn't needed. No flicker, no warning lights, straight plug and play. The computers of some older cars may cause flicker that a relay would resolve but new model Murano is perfectly fine without. Either way LED won't damage your stock wiring. Even HIDs run at a lower wattage than Halogen but there's a spike in power draw at ignition that makes a relay harness important to protect the electrical system.

Light output on the road is much better than stock and they significantly outshine the PIAA halogen bulbs I had in there. I'll try and get additional pics later...

#9 ·
I bought these ones...

? #94911 H11- Low Beam LED Kit Reversible Heatsink ? Bright Source HID

They use Philips Luxeon chips and have a small external driver; waterproof and housed in aluminum but there are units out there with the driver built right into the bulb. Not sure if they're any more/less reliable but these should last as long as the vehicle itself so good enough for me.

Power draw from LED is low and constant enough that a relay harness isn't needed. No flicker, no warning lights, straight plug and play. The computers of some older cars may cause flicker that a relay would resolve but new model Murano is perfectly fine without. Either way LED won't damage your stock wiring. Even HIDs run at a lower wattage than Halogen but there's a spike in power draw at ignition that makes a relay harness important to protect the electrical system.

Light output on the road is much better than stock and they significantly outshine the PIAA halogen bulbs I had in there. I'll try and get additional pics later...
Is brightsource the actual mmake? I just couldnt find any additional info online and looks like the price for US is around 170$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.