1Likes
  • 1 Post By Krell1

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 02-19-2017, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
AC vs Heat

Probably on my past 10 cars I've kept the AC/heater on AUTO. If heat was needed I would get heat and if air was needed then I would get air. All of this was automatic

My Murano requires that I turn the AC on when I need it and turn it off if I need heat. This is with the AUTO lit.

Is this normal or do I have an issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-20-2017, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
The owners manual for my 2015 Murano says you can use AUTO all year round to keep the proper temp in the cabin. I keep it on AUTO all year round and set the temp to what I want and it works fine. On colder mornings (temp in upper 30s - low 40s) I get heat when needed, and on our many hot days here in Phoenix I get A/C. If your Murano automatic climate control does not work properly on AUTO, take it to the dealer to see what's wrong, or get an explanation of what happens when you manually turn off the A/C.

2015 Murano SL
Phoenix AZ
post #3 of 8 Old 02-20-2017, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I raise you this question. I've noticed that after running the heat in the car and turning it off there is still some residual heat that comes from the vents. I can have the windows up and no a/c running and can feel a warmth. What I end up having to do is turning the a/c back on and turning the temp gauge all the way down to 60 degrees and shutting it back off to stop it from happening. I'm not sure if the vents are blowing residual cool air from that though as well. It's weird unless I do that it feels like heater is still on at the lowest setting. I have a 2003 murano btw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-20-2017, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Do you have the temperature control knob set to the temperature you want ?
post #5 of 8 Old 04-16-2017, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjake View Post
get an explanation of what happens when you manually turn off the A/C.
Well, what does happen? The Owner's Manual is very confusing--it offers instructions on "Auto" mode and "Heat Only (No A/C)" mode, but they both same the same thing--push "Auto" button and set to desire temperature.
Would be helpful if someone could clarify what the "A/C" button does exactly and what happens if "Auto" is not pressed, but you just turn the fan on (?)
(Also, a secondary issue is that just having everything "off," but turning air circulation to the outside air, doesn't seem to lead to noticeable fresh air coming through the vents at highway speed.)
post #6 of 8 Old 04-26-2017, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not one to fully read the owners manual unless it's a specific feature I can't figure out on my own. The climate control was one I had to look up. While driving, my wife turned on the A/C button and darn near froze me out even though the Auto light was on. The temp was set where we always had it, not too cold. I switched it off, set the temp where I wanted it and pushed Auto and it seemed to work fine. The manual says setting it on Auto with a set temp works fine year round. I'm assuming the A/C button is only if you want to manually run the system. Any car I've ever had prior to this one always ran the A/C while it was on Auto. Just a bit confusing but I'll see how it works when the temps here go ever 100 this summer.
jon44 likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-16-2017, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I need to mess with it to confirm, but I think whenever you push anything on the HVAC controls while Auto is on, it turns off Auto and sets it back to manual mode.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-18-2017, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I fixed mine by accident today by repeatedly pressing the mode button. After repressing the auto button I felt cold air flowing from the vents. Now it works perfectly. Perhaps this action reset the system?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: