Nissan Murano Forum banner

Does anybody have a 3rd Gen Hybrid ?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  AltimaNEO 
#1 ·
Worth having for the better city mileage ?

#3 ·
I've got a hybrid. I can't really say if its better to have over a non-hybrid , I've only test drove a non-hybrid once and it was a quick flatter ground test drive. I'm in the PNW and my daily drive has quite a few hills. I've got a heavy foot and average 17-20mpg for daily driving of ~8 miles to and from work. Though that is 5-7 mpg better than my frontier. Will say, that our area has enough hills, that it was actually better to turn OFF the eco mode.

#5 ·
Is this something like Pathfinder Hybrid where they took it off the marker after a year?
Actually my Nissan Service Manager told me that the leftover parts from the failed Pathfinder Hybrid were used for the short run of 2016 Murano Hybrids.

Take care!

Jim

#6 ·
That's what I heard also. We weren't really in the market for a hybrid, but when we went and test drove a 2017 Murano it was sitting next to a 2016 Murano Hybrid. We weren't exactly ready to buy yet, but between Nissan and the dealer knock offs, we got like $7,000-9,000 off (can't remember exactly). So we jumped on it.

#8 ·
Could be a lot of driver error in there. I've got a bit of a lead foot, when my wife drivers it usually gets better mileage. Then I get in and screw it up. When we test drove a normal one then the hybrid one back to back on the same route, the hybrid got better mileage, but that was just a quick 1 time test drive.

I just wish the display on the dash could be updated, it routinely shows mpg to be 2-4mpg better than it actually is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.