Nissan Murano Forum banner

Weird noise with high cross winds

9K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Fastxb12r 
#1 ·
Anyone else have a high pitched noise (seems like interior of cabin) when driving at highway speeds with high cross winds? I took my car in for a different problem and I mentioned the wind noise. I showed them a video and everything. They couldn't duplicate. They gave me a Sentra loaner and we had high winds yesterday night and lo and behold, same exact wind noise as the Murano. It's a high pitched whining or something, but it seems like it's coming from the inside, which doesn't makes sense.

#4 ·
I recently purchased a 2017 Nissan Murano Platinum and I have noticed a loud whistling noise when I accelerate to 1300-1700 RPMs. It sounds like it is coming from right under the steering wheel. It is extremely annoying. I am not sure if this is what you are experiencing? I notice when I let off the gas the noise stops. It can easily be replicated when driving and is especially loud on the highway when cruise is set. I have taken it in to my local Nissan dealer 3 times and they can't figure it out. Now they are trying to tell me it is "a characteristic of the 2017 Muranos".

#5 ·
it sounds like somebody taped a kazoo to the roof!
coincidentally when my '15 was new there was a flapping noise in crosswinds. I figured out that the wind deflectors for the rear tires didn't have all the buttons they needed to hold them in. and they tried to charge me for them! Obviously i had been doing some hard core off roading to pop them out. when there was no other hardcore off-roading marks anywhere else. brilliant !!

#9 ·
I had this exact same sound issue and with someone else driving and me dangerously looking as they drove at 70+ I found the the noise comes from The roof area but couldn’t pinpoint where or how. I feel it may be the black roof rails Possibly and I don’t have a roof rack as it’s an S model 2019. If you crack the windows it would stop or change which leads me to believe it is a pressure cabin air leak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.