Need Advice.... - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 11-28-2012, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need Advice....

Hey all. Was hoping to get a little help. I am looking at buying a 2010 Murano SL AWD. It has 122K miles on it for $3900. I know Nissan's can last if they are maintained. This car is in superb condition. I just wanted to see what anyone else thought. This would be my first Murano. I'm not too sure how they hold up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
h91-

Welcome to the forum.

I would assume the MO you are looking at was a highway cruiser in order for it to have clocked 122,000 miles over just two years. That's good. Highway driving yields a lot less wear than city driving. Do you know the previous owner?

The VQ engine on the MO is known for its longevity if taken care of. 2-300,000 miles is not unheard of if the engine is properly maintained.

The areas that you should look at are the seals on the engine, transmission, and transfer case. They are prone to leakage. Have a reputable mechanic give the MO a once-over, paying particular attention to the seals, and go from there.

If the MO is cosmetically fine, and the mechanic finds nothing major out of place, then $3,900 sounds like a great deal.

Good luck.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
#3 Old 11-28-2012, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Wow, that's a huge amount of miles on a 2 year old car. Over 5,000/month. The price seems right, but I'd really have it checked out as Joe said.

I'm wondering if that was some kind of a company vehicle that was on the road all the time. They should have had about 25 oil changes done.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#4 Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
When having it checked out, give specific attention to the CVT and the transfer case. You want to see no leaks from the transfer case seals, and of course proper functioning.

The transmission is JUST out of warranty (120K miles) so make sure it's behaving well.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#5 Old 11-28-2012, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
$4000 still cheap for a 2010 murano only 120+k miles ...
Used engine with around 30k mile go for around $3K are plenty shipped from ebay. Tranny around 3K miles between $2k-$3k. Murano engines are mass produced ,so it is not hard to find a used one...
It is still a good investment if you plan keeping it for 3-5 years...
Since you said the car is in superd condition, i'll buy that car without thinking twice....
That's just me..
#6 Old 11-30-2012, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks everybody. I do not know the previous owner. The carfax is clean & only had one owner. The car looks brand new, cosmetically. I'm assuming it was a company car & all the miles were highway as well. Otherwise I'm not sure how someone could put that many miles on a car in 2 years. I am getting it from a dealership & they are certifing it. I plan on having my own mechanic look at too. Thank you very much!! At least now I know some specific things to have my mechanic look at. Thanks again guys!
#7 Old 11-30-2012, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
That price makes me think something is wrong with it but if you get it checked out and the dealer is going to give you some kind of certification/warranty then it's one of the best deals ever.

Even at that price if you have to spend a little to get something fixed it's still a good deal.

2007 Nissan Murano SL - Platinum
| Nav | Backup Cam | HID | Bose | Leather | Tint | K&N Filter | Custom CF Grille | 22" KMC's on Nitto's | H&R Springs |

#8 Old 11-30-2012, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Other than the transfer case and transmission, give attention to any oil consumption by the engine. I know of no way to discover that before purchasing, so pay attention to any warranty coverage the seller may provide.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#9 Old 11-30-2012, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I got $6,400 trade in for my 2004 SL with 131k miles on it and I thought I was robbed.....! $3,900 is a great deal. 122k miles in 2 years can only be highway miles meaning it is probably equivalent to 60k miles mixed. So check it out first and then go for it.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: