User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#46 Old 04-03-2012, 06:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Cool

Dont mean to bring this thread back, but just to update that after nearly 4 years, the Flowmaster finally rusted out ( at one of the outlet pipes ) Not too bad I dont think after 4 salt filled, darn cold Canadian winters. The sound isnt that loud ( as it still goes throught the entire muffler ) but it looks nasty. I still have the stock muffler tucked away for this sort of thing, but i cannot get myself to go back to the quiet OEM MO. Off to buy another Flowmaster 80
PS> The install will be a breeze now, since its just straight replacement.

Keep enjoying that sweet sound Flowmaster owners.

Mo Driving, Mo Fun
Driving my Mo with Flow (80)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 Old 06-18-2012, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I know this post is a few years old, but thank you for it! The baffle in my first muffler is going so it makes a nasty rattle sound when I'm driving through town and giving it some gas. It's still under the emissions warranty but the closest Nissan dealer now is about 100 miles away (the one I bought mine from sold Nissan to a different dealer and no longer has it). So it would be more reasonable for me to just order a muffler myself and install it in my father's shop. I've been looking at the Flowmaster but didn't know if it'd sound totally ridiculous or not, but it's such a sweet sound you helped me make up my mind.
#48 Old 06-18-2012, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Keep us informed as to how the Flowmaster works out for you. I'm still on the OEM system (except for the `Nissan flange' leak that I had piped), and have been thinking about the Flowmaster, available from a local custom exhaust shop when I need it. A lot of original, 1st gen Mo owners (like me) must be in a similar situation, now that our OEM systems are going on 7,8 or even 9 years old. Noise - specifically the drone most street performance systems (like the GReddy SP2 I had on my Maxima) produce - is a concern for me since the Mo is my wiife's DD.

(And - oh yeah, halikini - I was amazed to hear that in 2012 anyone could live someplace anywhere NEAR 100 miles from a Nissan dealer. Especially in a relatively civilized place like NE.)
#49 Old 07-20-2012, 12:31 PM

Flow's been installed for over a year on my first gen....I think the sound gets better with age!

Still loving it!

>jason
#50 Old 07-20-2012, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Thanks for the update. The OEM system on my Max `only' lasted 9 years. Since my Mo will be 8 years old in a couple months, who knows how much longer I have on that exhaust system.
#51 Old 12-24-2012, 09:10 PM

after reading up from success from guy's here I went to a local exhaust shop that I've used for like a dozen cars and they quoted me $300 or $125 labor with a supplied muffler. They did not have the Flowmaster Series 80 (Camaro, etc). Just as random chance I drove to the local PepBoys and they had one Series 80 left for $105 but on sale for $70. I took it as a sign :]

I bought a pair of flat black oblong DC Sports tips for $30 each. Drove right back to the shop and had them put it on.

We tried it at first just swapping out the muffler but quickly decided to chop the resonator off as well.

It sounds pretty nice - definitely better.

I added a new intake a few days ago which added a unique note by itself. It definitely sounds more like a modded Z now. I drove by at least 2 cops on the way home and didn't get any hassle

This is the underside of my Flowmaster Series 80. I had the installer spray the pipe and muffler a heat-resistant flat black. This shows DC Sports Pilot exhaust tips (welded on), also in flat black ($30 each at PepBoys).

I uploaded a little video that is on this post:
Flowmaster exhaust without resonator

// 05 Murano SL / Glacier Pearl White
Cafe Latte leather, drilled/slotted rotors, cold air intake, Flowmaster Series 80 muffler (and resonator delete) with flat black DC Pilot exhaust tips, cargo protector, new headlights and Sylvania Ultra headlamps, tint all the way around, PAC iPod to SAT converter

// 06 Hummer H3 / Midnight Blue
stock// 11 Juke / Glacier Pearl White
Polk Audio subwoofer with Infinity mono amp, Kicker amp kit

silicon valley
#52 Old 12-26-2012, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Got any pics djliquid? The black tips are something I've been trying to search.

2007 Nissan Murano SL - Platinum
| Nav | Backup Cam | HID | Bose | Leather | Tint | K&N Filter | Custom CF Grille | 22" KMC's on Nitto's | H&R Springs |

#53 Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuranoDriver View Post
Got any pics djliquid? The black tips are something I've been trying to search.
I bought the oblong version of this that I just randomly saw in store.

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/441326/

How do you get 23.7 mpg?! I get like 17 - 17.5 on avg.

Maybe I should change my plugs.

// 05 Murano SL / Glacier Pearl White
Cafe Latte leather, drilled/slotted rotors, cold air intake, Flowmaster Series 80 muffler (and resonator delete) with flat black DC Pilot exhaust tips, cargo protector, new headlights and Sylvania Ultra headlamps, tint all the way around, PAC iPod to SAT converter

// 06 Hummer H3 / Midnight Blue
stock// 11 Juke / Glacier Pearl White
Polk Audio subwoofer with Infinity mono amp, Kicker amp kit

silicon valley

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: