User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 20 Old 06-25-2015, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey guys,

Since we're talking about LED fog lights...

I bought a similar item off of Ebay just to try it out...I LOVE them as fog lights.

Name: 2x Dual Color Yellow White High Power CREE XML2 H8 H11 Fog Light 4000LM LED Bulb
2X Dual Color Yellow White High Power CREE XML2 H8 H11 Fog Light 4000Lm LED Bulb | eBay

Straight PnP. I bought these because you can change them from yellow to white. Initially I wanted LED headlights, but wanted to still use them if I didn't like them as headlights (I like practicality). Results were expected plugging them into the headlights - not strong enough distance output. So, they are now fogs! Instant on is beautiful.

Here are pictures when I was testing them out. I didn't set up a camera to catch real time driving with the LED headlights though, that would've been a good idea.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (2).jpg
Views:	75
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	27786   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 (2).jpg
Views:	77
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	27794   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 (2).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	27802  
jhillyerd likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 11-21-2015, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
aznstormin, unless you actually DO get a lot of fog in your area, I see the HID lights as a much better & brighter choice!

2012 Murano SL AWD
2007 Xterra Off Road
2014 Jeep Overland Hemi
2002 GL1800 Goldwing
post #18 of 20 Old 12-17-2015, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Worked for me at Gillman Nissan in Rosenberg, TX. They never did this before and the techs were excited that it worked. $125 for the charge.

Question - could we just of left the fog lamp switch in the cabin turned on to have the same result as DRL's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 Old 12-17-2015, 11:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
After much research I finally had my fogs programmed to run as DRLs by a Nissan technician this morning...at no charge. Most technicians are not familiar with where to go in the programming as I found out after contacting a few dealers. Below are the main steps that he shared with me.

-Technician needs to get to "Reprogram/Configuration" opening screen.....this takes about 5 to 10 minutes to get into. At this time the BCM needs to be reprogrammed through Consult 3. The second option down is where the DRLs can be turned on.
Worked for me at Gillman Nissan in Rosenberg, TX. They never did this before and the techs were excited that it worked. $125 for the charge.

Question - could we just of left the fog lamp switch in the cabin turned on to have the same result as DRL's?
post #20 of 20 Old 12-18-2015, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznstormin View Post
Hey guys,

Since we're talking about LED fog lights...

I bought a similar item off of Ebay just to try it out...I LOVE them as fog lights.

Name: 2x Dual Color Yellow White High Power CREE XML2 H8 H11 Fog Light 4000LM LED Bulb
2X Dual Color Yellow White High Power CREE XML2 H8 H11 Fog Light 4000Lm LED Bulb | eBay

Straight PnP. I bought these because you can change them from yellow to white. Initially I wanted LED headlights, but wanted to still use them if I didn't like them as headlights (I like practicality). Results were expected plugging them into the headlights - not strong enough distance output. So, they are now fogs! Instant on is beautiful.

Here are pictures when I was testing them out. I didn't set up a camera to catch real time driving with the LED headlights though, that would've been a good idea.

Enjoy!
Based on the pictures, I advise against using those as daytime running lights. They're not aimed downwards and the lenses allow the light to scatter too much. I don't think they will perform well as fog lights, which must have very tight, well controlled beams, and they will be obnoxious to oncoming drivers and hurt their vision. Sorry, but that's my opinion. I'd love to be wrong about their performance as fog lights, but what I see makes me inclined to doubt their performance.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1983 280ZX Turbo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: