Nissan Murano Forum banner

Trading in Murano for Chevy Equinox

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Halwg 
#1 ·
Hello All.

My wife and I have been considering trading in our 2005 Murano S for a Chevy Equinox. We just started thinking about it and I have yet to do research on the Equinox.

What do you guys think of the switch? Going to an American vehicle from a Japanase vehicle? Known problems on the Equinox?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

#2 ·
I think it would be a great idea to look for Equinox forums and see what you can learn from them. That's my second move when looking at a car - the first being to search for all the road tests I can find online...which you should also do.

I find most GM products pretty uninspiring, but not unreliable. Chevy is starting to build some interesting styling back into their vehicles, and they have generally been good at building reliable vehicles that are not unusually expensive to maintain and repair.

I left a 1999 Blazer to buy my 07 Murano. The Blazer lost its 4WD engagement unit when we just had gotten 12" of snow and I needed to get moving. The Blazer had 150K miles on it and was quite repairable, but the cost was about 50% of its resale value and I couldn't find the parts quickly to repair it myself. I traded. The Murano had much better interior space use and storage, better gas mileage, and was quicker 0-60.

If I needed that type of vehicle again, I'd be willing to do the homework on an Equinox.

#7 ·
My daughter owned an Equinox and my buddy has one the same year as my MO. There is absolutely no comparison. Compared to the MO the Equinox is a crude vehicle with a lot of road noise and engine coarseness. It has a lot less cargo room, and the price difference reflects all of this.

If you are content with just having a so-so SUV you will be fine with it. And the new Equinox may actually be better than your 10 year old MO. But if you compare them year for year, there is no comparison.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.