Nissan Murano Forum banner

Just ordered my Nissan Murano 2015 S model in Toronto, Canada!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  a941 
#1 ·
All, I ordered my Nissan Murano Murano 2015 S model (the basic one with pearl white exterior and black cloth interiors) from a local dealership this weekend for C$30,000 MSRP (which means no rebate) and C$37,000 after all freight costs, government fees, and 13% taxes. This is Canada after all where everything is 20-30% more expensive than in the U.S.

I'm wondering if there is any other Canadian buyers of the car and what prices have you paid? My rookie mistake is that I haven't tried to negotiate the price because the dealer told me that there isn't much wiggle on a car this new and no stock for the S model. In fact, I won't receive my new car until the end of July at earliest as the car will need to be assembled in the U.S.

#2 ·
I have no idea how Canadian prices relate to US prices, but the dealer is ripping you off regardless. There is always "wiggle" room, it's just how much is the dealer willing to go. Sure he wants full retail out of it, but that's just more in his pocket. Always, always negotiate the price of a new car. There is significant "wiggle" room off of sticker price in any country.

#3 ·
I got my 2011 Murano in Alberta using Best New Car Prices in Canada. Free Dealer Invoice Price. | Unhaggle You spec out the vehicle on their site and tell them the city you'll be buying it in. They shop your request around all the Nissan dealers in that city for the best price. The dealers are never given your name etc. until you decide to pursue an offer. You can then haggle with the dealer over dealer installed options. The cost of this service to me was about $48 and I reckon it saved me about $1,800 based on the quotes I was personally getting online. If you are not committed to the present deal, I suggest you try this out (I have no affiliation with Unhaggle other than being a satisfied customer).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.