Nissan Murano Forum banner

Extend drivers seat for move room ( Gen 2)

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Pilgrim 
#1 ·
I have a Gen 2 2012 with a manual seats and need to move it back for more leg room. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
You must be really tall :)

You can have a specialty shop (shop specialized in building equipment for cars that are driven by disabled drivers) make a bracket for you but that will probably raise the seat, which is no good if you are tall.

#3 ·
You may be able to make brackets which would offset the seat back, but its crashworthiness in a front-end crash may be compromised. I think that doing that would also require moving the set up at least an inch to allow for the brackets.

I'm thinking of a heavy strap material which would bolt into the original mounts, extend back 2-3 inches, and have a hole to bolt the seat in place at the rear end of the brackets.

For legal purposes, please consider this a theory rather than a suggestion - you're on your own whenever you depart from the manufacturer's mounts.

Another option might be to replace the seats with Recaros (you know you've always wanted them...) and make sure the mounting brackets allow the placement you need. For that matter, any seat that's thinner front to back might allow your body to be positioned a couple of inches to the back of the car, which probably will be enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.