Consult-III Software Download - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 09-27-2012, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Consult-III Software Download

Didn't see that this was posted anywhere so here ya go...

Nissan Consult 3 - Download

Do a virus check and use at your own risk!

I haven't tried this yet because I don't have any CDs to burn the img to of all things. Guess I can just mount a virtual drive. I've got a Bluetooth OBDII unit on the way and wondering if it'll be compatible or if you have to buy the same hardware Nissan uses.

'04 SL Black w/ '07 Engine (RIP)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-07-2012, 03:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would be intresested to know your findings

2003 SL AWD Sunlit Copper
Converted Halogens to OEM HID
Factory Audio Unit from '06 MO- Can now play MP3
Hoen Fogs
Hoen City Lights
Rear Bumper protector
T-Rex Grill
Side Mouldings
#3 Old 10-07-2012, 05:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
You can't just use the software. From what I understand there is a special interface that needs to be connected for software to work. The interface is expensive.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#4 Old 11-02-2012, 01:28 PM

Darn. I'll try messing around with it anyway when I have some time

#5 Old 12-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Red

There are places advertising a CONSULT-III interface on the web for something like $300 for the cheapest ones. It looks like this plugs into the OBDC2 socket and then a laptop computer plugs into it. Unclear if the laptop also needs more expensive software but apparently the bottom line is that a simple interface can plug into the car and reset all sorts of things, and Nissan is making that into a holy mystery.

I'd sure like to know just what is needed.
#6 Old 11-05-2013, 07:41 PM

#7 Old 11-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Red

those interfaces look like simple OBD2-to-serial and OBD2-to-USB adapters. So if the software you are running, and the computer you are running it on, will take the ODB2 data over the serial or USB port, I'd expect them to work.

Have you also found a reasonable source for the CONSULT software?
#8 Old 11-05-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
those interfaces look like simple OBD2-to-serial and OBD2-to-USB adapters. So if the software you are running, and the computer you are running it on, will take the ODB2 data over the serial or USB port, I'd expect them to work.
Yea I was looking at OBD readers when I came across them. Don't know what makes these different--if anything--but I wouldn't be surprised if all Nissan did was pull an Apple and require a special "chipped" OBD cable.

Quote:
Have you also found a reasonable source for the CONSULT software?
Does the link in my original post not work anymore?

#9 Old 11-06-2013, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Yes, it does.

Failure to read thread....

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#10 Old 11-07-2013, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I hope someone gets this to work on their regular laptop. Being able to follow the Service Manual with the consult tools would be huge! Consult2 and Consult3 cost thousands online. This would be a very economical alternative, if it works.

After 142K miles, my MO is history. Now sporting a loaded silver 2012 Ford Edge Limited with 20" wheels.
#11 Old 11-09-2013, 12:09 AM

I'm moving in a couple of weeks but after I'm settled in the new place I'll order one of these and give it a try. I have no clue what other requirements need to be met to make the Consult 3 software work but I'm willing to give it a shot.

#12 Old 11-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Red

"Yea I was looking at OBD readers when I came across them. Don't know what makes these different--if anything"
An OBD2 reader literally just reads the number codes in the system. One of the adapters would allow reading and writing, so that you can clear codes. And also, it would allow data to be streamed in real time so that you could observe how the system was running, not just get a snapshot of stored codes after the fact. There are also a number of Bluetooth adapters on the market that allow two-way communication to any BT equipped device.
But my impression is that the Consult software knows how to interface with the undocumented systems and controls in the car. It translates hardware addresses into menu-driven options, so the data you push into the car does something besides scatter sand in the gears, so to speak. I'm sure there are bootlegs and counterfeits on the market, the question is always how well they work.
#13 Old 11-09-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
"Yea I was looking at OBD readers when I came across them. Don't know what makes these different--if anything"
An OBD2 reader literally just reads the number codes in the system. One of the adapters would allow reading and writing, so that you can clear codes. And also, it would allow data to be streamed in real time so that you could observe how the system was running, not just get a snapshot of stored codes after the fact. There are also a number of Bluetooth adapters on the market that allow two-way communication to any BT equipped device.
But my impression is that the Consult software knows how to interface with the undocumented systems and controls in the car. It translates hardware addresses into menu-driven options, so the data you push into the car does something besides scatter sand in the gears, so to speak. I'm sure there are bootlegs and counterfeits on the market, the question is always how well they work.
Yea by 'OBD reader' I just meant OBD interfaces in general. I've currently got a 2-way BT uint.
I'm sure the Consult software does what you describe. I was just wondering what makes these Consult-specific interface cables/adapters different from regular OBD adapters. For example, might it utilize unused pins in the OBD interface? Or have some kind of built in resistor to signal the Consult app that it's been purchased from Nissan? Since regular OBD adapters won't work with Consult (to my knowledge) I assume there must be something special about these.

I did some light googling last night and there are other applications out there that will do some of what the Consult app can do. I also learned that there are two interfaces that commercial Consult system uses: Communications Interface and Measuring Interface. I'm unclear as to whether both of these interfaces reside in the same adapter module or if they are distinct modules that must be purchased separately.

#14 Old 11-09-2013, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashi maru View Post
...I was just wondering what makes these Consult-specific interface cables/adapters different from regular OBD adapters. For example, might it utilize unused pins in the OBD interface? Or have some kind of built in resistor to signal the Consult app that it's been purchased from Nissan? Since regular OBD adapters won't work with Consult (to my knowledge) I assume there must be something special about these...
I think you right about the resistor idea. Just like apple products that measure resistance and voltage in the cables that are attached to them to identify non-apple hardware, consult program does the same. I think purpose is two fold, one to make money, and two, to eliminate hardware that do not meet certain standards and could cause data errors.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#15 Old 04-03-2014, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
So whatever happened to this? Cool investigation pending then no follow-up. Assuming this venture was abandoned?

After 142K miles, my MO is history. Now sporting a loaded silver 2012 Ford Edge Limited with 20" wheels.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: