Reclining rear seats are awesome - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 05-06-2004, 01:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lightbulb Reclining rear seats are awesome

I'm usually driving so I never noticed the seats in the back. My co-worker discovered the seats in the back recline. Just pull on the strap and lean back. You can do that in most sedan. Everyone is calling for the back seats instead of shotgun. Now they are asking for a ceiling mount DVD system so then can sit back and enjoy the movie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-06-2004, 08:20 AM

Yeah, ain't it cool?

And the industry goes on and on about third row seating... Yawn..

The Nissan Murano... Love at first drive!
But this is what I drive these days... Does a 12.21 second 1/4 mile @117.7 mph.
Coming next spring... a 440 Hemi. That should kick some behind.
#3 Old 05-06-2004, 09:10 AM
NO-MO-SNOW

Send a message via AIM to NVMYGT
I recently let my dad take the wheel and sat in the back for a little drive...man I love it. It's nice and relaxing when the seats are tilted back just a little bit, and the factory subwoofer really sounds good back there! Not good enough for me not to replace it with a 12, but pretty good.

<B>2004 Mazda RX-8</B> Grand Touring Package and Navigation
Previous Car: <b>2003 Sunlight Copper Nissan Murano SL</b> NAV, 10000K HIDs, OEM Pushbar, LED interior lights
#4 Old 05-07-2004, 12:46 PM

I love this feature!!! Makes it soo comfortable. Ya, I here ya about the 3rd row seating blah blah blah.....for one, they aren't comfortable, esp. the last row and there is sooo much more leg room for the backseat passangers in the MO. Everyone loves how much room it has!! Also the reclining seat is great for a carseat, reclines it just enough that if baby falls asleep, their head doesn't fall forward.

Nicole

03 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE MT, Pewter/Leather Sport Package/Blond Interior
04 Nissan Murano SE AWD, Pewter/Premium Package/Charcoal Cloth
#5 Old 05-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Super Senior Member

Great feature, although the MO was not the first to have this. In fact, my buddy's beater Ford Escape even has reclining rears.
#6 Old 05-07-2004, 02:32 PM
Super Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to GMTURBO43
I totally agree about the rear seats. Luckily I don't have to ride back there all that often - but it is great for those of us who take our passenger's comfort into consideration.

When we were looking, people kept asking about 3rd row seats. Salespeople kept making points of the 3rd row. Look - we don't have kids. Not going to have kids. We don't care about 3 rows of uncomfortable seats.

Dave
'06 Altima SE-R
'03 Murano Black SL AWD (Sold)
'01 S10 ZQ8 (For Sale)
'93 4Runner SR5
#7 Old 05-07-2004, 05:17 PM

Three rows of seats means a LOT less leg room for that second row. In addition, how safe is the third seat being right up against the tailgate? I certainly wouldn't want to be sitting there during a rear ender. The third row is a marketing gimmick. How many times will you really need to carry that many people? If its that often, then a mid-size SUV is not for you in the first place - get a minivan.
#8 Old 05-07-2004, 05:53 PM

Third row

I disagree on the third row; it almost made me choose and MDX or Highlander over the Murano. If you have kids, there are times when they want to bring friends and three seats in the back just aint enough. It's not all the time, but it happens often enough that it's cool to be able to flip up a rumble seat and take them along also. I do have a minivan for primarily hauling the rugrats, but there are times when the wife's got that somewhere else. I agree on the safety concerns, which is one of the reasons I didn't let it sway me away from the Murano.
#9 Old 05-08-2004, 04:17 AM
Super Senior Member

Third Row

I agree with Danielg280 that there are times when you do need to haul more than five people, especially with kids. But we did not use it often enough to warrant excluding vehicles without it. I had three rows in my last SUV and found that : 1. The third row was extremely uncomfortable, 2*. Had read various articles on how dangerous the third row would be if struck from behind. 3. We had only used the third row three times in two years and determined that it was not a high priority if we found the right vehicle.

* This is on vehicles that seem to be designed for two rows and they slap a third row in the cargo area. I am not talking about the larger SUV's like Armada, Expedition, etc... Those have enough space between the rear seat and the hatch that they are not nearly as dangerous or uncomfortable as a Highlander, Exploder, etc...

Sean
I Miss my :04 Midnight Blue SL , Tinted Front Windows, Chrome SL Wheels, Rear Bumper protector, SS Aries Step Bars, and Push Bar.
#10 Old 05-08-2004, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Thanks for the tip Furby. I have only been in the back of the MO one time and did not know the seat reclines. I did however think that it was very much in the upright position with too little lean. I'll try it out today. I'm wondering if the cargo cover gets in the way?? Hmm.
Bob1
#11 Old 05-08-2004, 01:39 PM

The cargo cover goes 2 ways so you can adjust it to the seats at various positions

'04 Murano SL AWD- Glacier Pearl / Caffe Latte
#12 Old 05-09-2004, 01:10 AM

Remove the cargo cover

I have removed my cargo cover. I find it kind of useless since I don't really carry anything expensive in the back. The privacy glass is dark enough to keep the content out of sight and cool in the summer.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: