BG44K fuel system cleaner & BG Moa oil addictive - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 02-02-2013, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BG44K fuel system cleaner & BG Moa oil addictive

I am considering trying the BG 44K Fuel system cleaner and BG Moa Oil Addictive to my 05 MO. It comes in an 11 oz can, I have heard that it works well and running smoother. The manufacturer claims that it will remove carbon deposits and oil varnish in the injectors and in the combustion chamber - fact or fraud????? anyone try this stuff?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-03-2013, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have not used that brand, but I have used Zmax several times on different vehicles. In my Murano, I have used it once for the motor. I think it was beneficial, however, if you motor has been treated well with regular oil changes, then the 'build up' of carbon might not be as great, thus decreasing the "feeling" it working.
For the fuel, I use Seafoam. Straight into the intake manifold via vacuum tube, and also in the tank. I fogged out my entire yard, across the street, and filled up the neighbors yard too! Anyway, I guess its like shoes. To be honest, I've used Zmax, simply because it was endorsed by Carroll Shelby.

Silver 2005 SL
- K & N Air Filter
- KYB Shocks
- Aluminum fuel tank shields
- DDM 3000k HID fog light kit
- Lamin-X yellow fog light covers
- LED upgrades
-intake bellow delete
post #3 of 3 Old 02-04-2013, 01:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
I have used the BG44K in a 1983 280ZX Turbo - it did seem to help with injectors which were definitely giving me problems. I didn't use it for chamber deposits, and I don't believe that deposits in the co1mbustion chambers are at all common or necessary to worry about as long as you use the appropriate type of gasoline.

I think "deposits in the combustion chamber" are the latest bogeyman used to convince car owners that they need to perform unnecessary maintenance on their cars. The ads sell a lot of chemicals that seldom contribute to the performance of anything except the bank accounts of the chemical manufacturers.

Unless you have a specific performance problem that you are confident exists, my advice is to buy the correct grade of gas from a major brand station (not the cut-rate cheapo stations) and skip the chemical snake oil treatments.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: