Radio Reception - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 12-23-2005, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Radio Reception

Anyone else get horendous radio reception. I love the Mo in power, compfort and just about every other characteristic, but the Radio reception is the worst I have ever had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-23-2005, 04:58 PM
I know, I know, pull over

I had the same problem. Did some searching around the forum and found there is a TSB on the problem. Took it back to the dealership and they fixed it free of charge. Something to do with tightening the antenna bolt.

my other ride ---> '02 X Blaze
[pimp] ME [/pimp]
post #3 of 10 Old 12-23-2005, 05:26 PM

DO a search, its something you can do yourself in about 5 minutes. I don't recall which year models it affected but it was fixed at somepoint.

2003 SL AWD Black
post #4 of 10 Old 02-01-2006, 06:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Spin_Echo
The strangest thing

My radio reception is usually not great. Just now, I pulled into the parking lot and left the car and the radio on as I opened the front driver-side door. The reception got a lot better!!! I close the door - and I hear all the static again. I repeated several times - works evety time. Not with the passenger door, only driver side door. Reception also improves when I lean forward in my seat, but not as dramatically as when I open the driver-side front door.

Anyone have any ideas?

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD
Midnight blue, latte leather
SL touring pkg, VDC, Tech pkg
Dawn side moldings, etched glass, Disklok Chrome steering wheel lock.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-01-2006, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Re: The strangest thing

Quote:
Originally posted by Spin_Echo
My radio reception is usually not great. Just now, I pulled into the parking lot and left the car and the radio on as I opened the front driver-side door. The reception got a lot better!!! I close the door - and I hear all the static again. I repeated several times - works evety time. Not with the passenger door, only driver side door. Reception also improves when I lean forward in my seat, but not as dramatically as when I open the driver-side front door.

Anyone have any ideas?
Weired! I am going to try that...

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
post #6 of 10 Old 02-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Super Senior Member

Wild guess ground problem.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-02-2006, 12:01 AM

Do you have a DVD player? If so, turn it off. It uses an FM transmitter that really affects radio reception (particularly AM.)

When I got my MO, I thought the radio reception was far worse than I remembered it being in my 2003 SE AWD. That night when I was laying in the hotel bed (my wife and I flew up to Petaluma to get the MO), I realized that the DVD player may have been on. Sure enough... turned off the DVD player and my reception was great. Only problem is one AM station in SoCal (KFWB - News 980), but all other stations are fine.

Bob

'11 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport
'08 Altima Hybrid w/Convenience Package
'09 Yamaha Tmax (blue)
'84 Mustang SVO

Traded: '04 MO SL AWD, Midnight Blue/Cafe Latte - all options incl. NAV, DVD, Tow, XM, Chrome Wheels, AV Electronics TV & backup camera, Michelin Latitude Tour HP tires (stock size)
Totalled (but gave its life to save mine): 2003 Murano SE AWD, Glacier Pearl, Caffe Latte - All Options exc. tow pkg
post #8 of 10 Old 02-02-2006, 06:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to Spin_Echo
Nope, no DVD player. Only what's in my signature. While playing around today, found that tilting the antenna all the way forward improves reception for some stations...

My 6 dollar alarm clock has better radio reception. I will bring it up at the next service for sure.

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD
Midnight blue, latte leather
SL touring pkg, VDC, Tech pkg
Dawn side moldings, etched glass, Disklok Chrome steering wheel lock.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Super Senior Member

Also, some cell phone cigarette-lighter chargers can cause a LOT of interference.

But even without that, the FM reception in the MO kinda stinks. I haven't had my bolts tightened, but...

<b>Nissan Murano Forums:</b> <a href ="http://www.nissanmurano.org">NissanMurano.org</a>
post #10 of 10 Old 11-17-2006, 04:02 PM

My 2004 SL AWD with navigation gets decent FM reception. I'm one of those guys that likes to listen to news and talk and that's AM. My AM reception was always terrible. I just added a remote starter and now I get an electronic tic-tic-tic. Took it back to the installer twice. He pulled the unit and I still get the tic-tic-tic-tic on AM. Yes, I had the Nissan dealer tighten the antenna bolt.....no difference. I don't want to eliminate my remote starter....nice in winter, but I sure would like decent AM reception.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: