What did you compare the Murano to? - Page 8 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#106 Old 05-18-2012, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
4 years ago when I was looking at getting a new vehicle I looked at an 05 Hyundai Santa Fe and my 03 Murano. The Murano won hands down.

'03 Silver base model SL AWD, cloth seats
aftermarket Spectre performance air intake kit, tow package, Avid Envigor tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#107 Old 06-18-2012, 07:38 AM

Garage
I had an '08 Caliber and was looking to upgrade to bigger/AWD or 4WD. The Murano was compared to a Escape, Acadia and an '03 4Runner (vehicles I tried out before the Murano). I drove the Murano for a day and swear the salesman and my husband had to pry me out of the car. I loved it.

It was a given that it'd be a fit for me. I was already used to a CVT trans with the Caliber. It was big enough for me to shove my camera equipment and dog in at the same time. I could toss my kayak on the roof. And it was better on gas than a 4Runner, had better ground clearance than the Acadia and I just loved the all around ride compared to the others.
#108 Old 07-20-2012, 08:09 PM

I compare the Murano to the RX, MDX, RDX, Q7 as far as SUVs but the Murano had more options with less mileage and lower cost. The only one that rode better was the Q7 but ultimately I really loved the Murano.
#109 Old 11-30-2012, 08:54 PM

To be honest, I had gone shopping with every intention of buying a Subaru Forrester. I had done all my research, my only complaints with most SUVs is the lack of manual transmission (I still love them.) However, the folks at the Subaru dealership were not very nice so we went to the new Nissan dealership in town as I had a Sentra as my trade in. Not only were the folks awesome, I immediately fell in love with my car when I test drove it
#110 Old 04-12-2013, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tribeca vs Murano..

Tribeca is overall much nicer car. Sorry guys, had to say it. The Subaru's only problem is stupid light bulbs keep burning out. But thats tiny compared to all the problems the murano has had.
#111 Old 04-12-2013, 09:51 PM

I posted above about buying our 2009 Murano last year. We're three weeks shy of a year and have had no problems. It's been a great car, and we get compliments on it as though it were new.
#112 Old 04-13-2013, 04:53 PM

Just bought my Murano a few weeks ago and compared it to the following:
  • Highlander
  • Venza
  • Rav4
  • Pathfinder
  • Pilot
  • Tribeca
  • MDX
  • RDX
  • Rogue
  • Sorento
  • Santa Fe
  • Journey (nasty...bad nasty)
There are probably others but the Murano has always been a favorite of mine. My Sister and Brother-in-law have an 03' SL and love it which was just icing on the cake
#113 Old 04-13-2013, 06:42 PM

I test drove the new 2013 RDX and RX350. The RDX was too small had to get the tech pkg just to get fog lights! The RX with the options I wanted (like blind spot, back up camera, etc) was almost 50k. The Murano had everything I wanted at a price I wanted to spend. Love my Murano!

2013 SL w/Nav, Super Black
2010 Maxima SV Premium with Tech, Dark Slate
#114 Old 04-16-2013, 09:29 AM

Murano is my fave, but I actually had the Highlander up near the top of my list, anyone think the Highlander should be a close second?
#115 Old 04-16-2013, 12:54 PM

I like the Highlander a lot too and rank it at the top of the list.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#116 Old 05-01-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsh View Post
Murano is my fave, but I actually had the Highlander up near the top of my list, anyone think the Highlander should be a close second?

I actually have a '07 Tribeca, '10 Highlander, and '06 Murano in my immediate family's fleet (if you want to call it that) and the Highlander certainly is up there. The murano has a special place in my heart though, im not sure why.
#117 Old 05-04-2013, 05:41 AM

Garage
We had an 07 S AWD and the lease was up, so we were part of the 80+% of Murano owners who said they would purchase another Murano, and leased and upgraded to a 2010 SL AWD. Now, the lease is up on that in about 4 months. We will not be getting another one. We felt the tires wore out fairly quickly - at 14,000 miles with our 07, and about 16,000 miles on our '10. We might be financing the 18k buyout at the end of the lease, but we're still debating it.

Our 2010 only has 22,000 miles on it, and even with the buyout of 18k, and compared to our monthly payment now, I'd have it paid off in about 2 years. Also, where would I find another 2010 Murano SL AWD (which we knew the car since brand new) in as good as condition as ours for a little of $400 monthly - we're paying close to $600 now. (payment is high, but I only put a total of $500 out of my pocket when we acquired the car).

Last edited by y2k10slawd; 05-04-2013 at 05:45 AM. Reason: added information
#118 Old 09-01-2013, 04:35 PM
sev

MDX is my next car, since all the others don't measure up:

Highlander- too truck like
Venza- too flimsy and 20 inch wheels make ride uncomfortable
Pilot- just ok ,but if feels outdated
RDX-too small
Outback- plain interior
Tribecca- too heavy , based on truck design 15 MPG
Lincoln MKX- too expensive
#119 Old 12-10-2013, 09:37 AM

I have compared the Murano to the Ford Edge, Subaru Forester and Tribeca, Mazda CX9 and CX5, Hyundai Santa Fe, Acura RDX and the Jeep Cherokee.

Based on size and features the closest would be the Hyundai but it does not handle quite as well, has a turbo that requires premium gas and isn't as nicely fitted and finished although in comparable trim it is slightly less expensive.

I expect a Murano will be my next purchase but I also intend to test drive a couple of others including a GMC Terrain.
#120 Old 03-23-2014, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k10slawd View Post
We had an 07 S AWD and the lease was up, so we were part of the 80+% of Murano owners who said they would purchase another Murano, and leased and upgraded to a 2010 SL AWD. Now, the lease is up on that in about 4 months. We will not be getting another one. We felt the tires wore out fairly quickly - at 14,000 miles with our 07, and about 16,000 miles on our '10. We might be financing the 18k buyout at the end of the lease, but we're still debating it.

Our 2010 only has 22,000 miles on it, and even with the buyout of 18k, and compared to our monthly payment now, I'd have it paid off in about 2 years. Also, where would I find another 2010 Murano SL AWD (which we knew the car since brand new) in as good as condition as ours for a little of $400 monthly - we're paying close to $600 now. (payment is high, but I only put a total of $500 out of my pocket when we acquired the car).
Hate to tell you this but you're wasting HELLA money leasing a car. You spend $600 a month? Smh, that's more than our mortgage on a $130,000 house! Get yourself a car you can afford!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: