http://www.cardomain.com/ride/810560/1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 121 Old 07-25-2003, 02:44 PM
Windy City MO :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wasn't in the market for an SUV at the time. I was looking more at Altimas, the new Mazda 6s, Jetta & Passat, and there were a few others we test drove.

As soon as my wife saw the Murano- she fell in lust- until she test drove it. Then she feel in love.

Honda Pilot: nice but EXTREMELY boring looking. Looks like an CRV on steroids.

MDX: Nice but reminds me too much of the Pilot.

Envoy: I like this vehicle but wife thinks 99% of the SUVs are too boxy looking for her. Actually, the only SUVs she likes are the Murano and the FX.
post #3 of 121 Old 07-25-2003, 04:03 PM

Thumbs up

Wasn’t really looking for SUV. I was more thinking about a good sedan. Tested Acura TL S – an awesome car. Also tested new Accord, Altima. Looked at Maxima, Infinity G35, I35. Always wanted something with more cargo space though an SUV was not my cup of tee. Saw Murano. Tried. Loved. My wife tested as well and fell in love with it. It drives great. SL is soft enough and still handles well. As to the third raw – if I wanted it I would go for a van. Same applies to off road capability.
post #4 of 121 Old 07-25-2003, 05:32 PM
Super Senior Member

Envoy - Very nice. I would've went for this if I didn't get my Murano. Only real problem was no headroom w/ moonroof.

Trailblazer - Same as Envoy, basically.

Liberty - Too small!

MDX - Nice but pricey, not very attractive.

Exploder - Okay, but not really great in any area. Not even one.

Tribute/Escape - Not bad, may have gotten one of these if no Murano and I wanted to save some $$$.

<b>Nissan Murano Forums:</b> <a href ="http://www.nissanmurano.org">NissanMurano.org</a>
post #5 of 121 Old 07-25-2003, 07:09 PM
Super Senior Member

Pilot, Liberty, Grand Cherokee, 4Runner, Highlander, Xterra. Honestly didn't consider anything from Hyundai, Saturn, Daewoo, GM, Dodge or Ford. Narrowed it down quickly to the 4runner or MO. Liked the looks of the MO better and the drive.
post #6 of 121 Old 07-29-2003, 09:44 PM

We were actually looking for a sedan and test drove the ACURA TL S, new honda accord (very very nice), Subaru WRX, Subaru Legacy, Subaru Outback. I'm not a big fan of Subaru's though, i mean its a good AWD but lookwise it is not very attractive.

At first we were in the $30,000 range (canadian) so we started lookin at the ESCAPE/TRIBUTE.. looks were good, but HANDLING WAS AWFUL it felt really tipsy on turns.

moving upscale.. looked at pilot, highlander, mdx, land rover, x5, murano, fx45, pathfinder, 4runner.
I didnt like how some of these cars were gettin old, were going to change styles sooner or later (MDX, highlander, acura tl, pilot, etc.)

finally chose the murano, and i dont regret it at all!!
post #7 of 121 Old 07-29-2003, 11:40 PM

Sorry you asked?

I went to trade my Pathfinder for a Chilkoot. Saw Murano. Asked the price. Done.

But then, to be certain, I looked at Jeep GC (overpriced), Liberty (overpriced junk), Pacifica (overpriced junk), Tribute (nice until you open the door), 4Runner (great, if you have tons of money and wanna spend it on car and gas).

MDX: gorgeous. Why pay that much for a car, when you can have a Murano?

Pilot: Boring, boring, boring

CR-V: Too small

Highlander: boring AND uncomfortable and overpriced. Tiny engine, compared to PF and MO.

Matrix: I could enjoy this. Great price.

Protege5: nice ride, great price.

Altima SL was my 2nd choice, if my budget-conscious alter-ego had won.

Audi A4 Avant: If it stayed cheaper than Murano (which it only does without any options), I might be able to get used to it, if I thought it would be reliable, and big enough. Test drive was short. No extended test drive available.

Murano it is. Waiting for the 04s to arrive..
post #8 of 121 Old 07-30-2003, 06:26 PM

Cool

When I first saw the commercials, I was intrigued. Compared it to the Infinity and hemmed and hawwed a while but price and the interior room won for the MO. My wife liked the Infinity until I started adding stuff to the MO like:
20" wheels and tires
sunroof deflector
wood dash kit
monogrammed seat covers
tinted windows and windshield
bug deflector
window shields
rear bumper protector
K&N filter
tire pressure & temperature monitoring system
post #9 of 121 Old 07-30-2003, 07:44 PM

"MDX: gorgeous. Why pay that much for a car, when you can have a Murano?"

Right...

The MDX sorry to say guys is hands down a better SUV than the Murano. They are UNCOMPARABLE. TWO TOTALLY SEPERATE MARKETS. I have both... I would know. KSMurano... how can u trash the MDX like that? Have you seen other third row seats? The MDX has by far one of the best. The ride is also a lot smoother than the Murano and the car is faster and i feel more sporty (eek... i'm gonna get it for that one). No doubt I love the Murano, but I love my MDX more. It's totally different from the Murano... u can't compare the two. Lol... on purpose I asked my salesperson what other SUVs does the Murano compare to... she said the Acura... Lexus blah blah blah... when she said the Acura I started laughing in her face. She's like what? So i took her to my MDX and showed her it... and she said yeah... not in the same market. I do agree that the Murano is better than the Lexus... but not the MDX... sorry guys!
post #10 of 121 Old 07-31-2003, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

MO_MDX - we have 4 different friends with MDX's, we know they are really nice & we do like them, but come on.

The 3rd row is for toddlers at best & the price differential of $6-7k is making some good competition.

10 Infiniti QX56 4WD
03 Murano SL AWD SS - Sold 5/10
08 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited
01 Spyder GT Saronno Red
05 Subaru Impreza RS Sport AWD #1 son
02 Nissan Sentra #2 son
79 Olds Cutlass original owner & 1st car w/ 74k miles
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/810560/1
post #11 of 121 Old 07-31-2003, 08:57 AM

The question was...

What did we compare MO to.

I replied with what I had considered, looked at, test driven, etc., and the comment that was quoted about MDX came from me.

Please stop all the fuss. If someone handed me an MDX, I'd be very pleased. I would not pay $50k CAD for it, though, because....

to clarify what I meant...

I can get a Murano for $36k CAD.

There you go! Two seats are all I need. This has nothing to do with MDX or the extra seats. What kind of cars were we looking at? as in... who's buying MO? What kind of car is it? Since it's hard to categorize.

... is what I understood... and is how I replied, and what I meant. someone inferred an insult that was not intended.

MDX is gorgeous. I think I already said that.
post #12 of 121 Old 07-31-2003, 11:19 AM

No, I didn't take it as an insult bro! I have a Murano too! I know what you meant. I guess it's on a need's basis. But seriously... they're not in the same class... that's what I guess I was mad about. Sorry if I came across too strong!
post #13 of 121 Old 07-31-2003, 12:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to lnichols
Well just so you know before the Murano, I was anti-SUV, and I still don't like the idea of huge SUV's like the Excursion. I was looking at VW Passat Wagon and Audi A4 both will AWD. After I went on a Cub Scout camping trip with my sons and my VW barely could make it to the campground I knew that I had to get something with AWD or 4WD and that had more ground clearance than a car. I also wanted to get something that would be big enough to fit my 3 boys in the back seat as they grew.

I looked at the Mazda Tribute, but it wasn't very big on the inside and only had a 16 gallon tank (too small for the consumption). I looked at the Highlander but it was too boxy. Looked at the Endeavor and the inside was so cheap looking and the one on the showroom floor had so many plastic pieces broke that I knew it would not withstand the boys.

When I saw the Murano and test drove one I fell in love. Handled like my Golf, had ton of power, and a huge interior. The VPP pricing that I could get through my company was icing on the cake. I was originally only going to get the Lux, Leather and Sunroof, but the only other Copper the dealer had didn't have the leather. Finally they got the loaded one to the right payment and the rest is history.

My wife complained about the price until I got home from the dealership and all she could say was "Damn!!!" She loves the car and would like her own.

2003 SL AWD Sunlit Copper Murano all options including Nav, XM Radio
post #14 of 121 Old 07-31-2003, 01:39 PM

Relief!

Okay, forgot all the nicks again!

Since I have test-driven Murano, anything else is out of the question.

Good to hear that everyone is on that same page, more or less... that there are lots of great vehicles available, and I looked at all the same ones (recently VW and A4 Avant).

Someone mentioned fuel economy, and yesterday I looked at a site that is related to the notion that SUVs are evil gas hogs. The most obvious retort to that is that any vehicle that provides space (and especially if it powers more than two wheels) uses at least as much, and often more, fuel, than many SUVs. Example minivan. Everyone I know with a minivan uses more fuel than I do in my Pathfinder. Murano uses even less.

Everyone's wants and needs in a vehicle is personal, and includes the budget factor, the image factor, the priority factor, so I enjoy comparisons, but not when it gets overly serious (my car is better than yours (which for you it may be), this car should be banned, blah, blah).

Nice to be here. Back to work. See y'all later!
post #15 of 121 Old 08-02-2003, 06:30 PM

rainbow farm .... murano for 36 K canadian??? u wish!
even the SL won't go lower than 40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: