Nissan Murano Forum banner

Black on Black

15K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Quicksiler 
#1 ·
Hi all

My name is Eric, I am from Australia. I brought my Murano as brand new in Dec 2012.

Great power, beautiful interior with suitable price.

Mods so far:

Rohana wheels
20x10 offset +40 front
20x10 offset +25 Rear

Wrapped on Toyo tyres, 275/45/20 all around

See less See more
#7 ·
#16 ·
Gotta be honest I like what you had before. But it's your car man:D

Reactions: bob1
#20 ·
I got a great tid-bit for you Pearl White guys.
I had tried and failed to open a business that was a patented scratch auto-repair business. I never got enough cars to keep me in the green and I sold it.

My tip for white cars, 90% of scratches are embedded dirt so long as we are not down to the gray primer. Take some lacquer thinner on a rag and clean the scratch, most all will disappear. Most of what you are seeing on a white car is the dirt or paint transfer from whatever you hit like a mailbox or something.

No, the thinner will have no effect on your factory paint but wax the area afterwards, it will eat any wax that is already there. I have tried this, it works!

#21 ·
Thanks for the tip. I've owned just about every color and this is my first white car. I find it hides the dirt the best. Even when filthy dirty, which I try not to let happen, it doesn't look too bad.

#22 ·
Yeah Blinky, hope I do not need to use it as I have a good record of being scratch free.
I was amazed in training for the company. We'd go to car lots and do some work for them for free. They got a nice product for no cost. I was surprised the training did not have us use any white paint when fixing the scratch on a white car, it was all thinner and clean thoroughly. Again, it takes about 90% of them off the car like it never even happened. Don't fret about the lacquer thinner hurting anything, it won't.

#25 ·
Wonder if those fogs are yellow lens or the bulb. My Hoen Endurance fog bulbs throw out that yellow look at certain angles even when off. Those look more like colored lenses. Either way practical and looking good:29:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.