Just Tinted Every Single Window In My 2004 Murano. - Page 2 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 72 Old 09-14-2010, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to turbizzy
Thanks. Sunroof, iunno cuz i just wanted some UV protection from the sun but i made a mistake with the 5% so i might go 35%.

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 72 Old 09-16-2010, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well like with all tints it looks good! Just tell us when you plan on driving at night.

2003 SL AWD Black
post #18 of 72 Old 09-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
This was in today's paper....

NEW YORK (AP) — New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards was arrested in Manhattan on a charge of driving while intoxicated Tuesday, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press.
Edwards was pulled over on the west side of Manhattan around 5:15 a.m. Tuesday because his vehicle had excessive tinting on its windows, and officers noticed a strong smell of alcohol, said the official, who was not authorized to speak about the case and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Excessive tinting is justification for a "safety stop" in most states.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum (Retired)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
-Air Helper Springs

Replaced with 2013 BMW x5d
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 1973 MGB

post #19 of 72 Old 10-03-2010, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Just wanted to follow up and say my wife loved the tints. Night time driving is perfectly fine. Like someone mentioned, its not worse than driving with a dirty windsheild. I think it looks tits and everyones been giving me nothing but props when they see it. I think i might go darker on the front windows and lighter on the sunroof one day.

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
post #20 of 72 Old 11-04-2010, 07:25 PM

that looks niiiiice man!!!

i really want to do that same % set up on our MO, Max and my SUV.

i also understand how tint like that makes the police nervous.
post #21 of 72 Old 11-05-2010, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrano05 View Post
that looks niiiiice man.
Ditto, Izzy. It's just too bad our cars have those god-awful chrome door handles.

(oh yeah, and that rear bumper cover dent is about a $300-400 fix - unless you can get a discounted rate through your dealer connections. I know - I've had 3 of them done in the past 6 years)
post #22 of 72 Old 11-05-2010, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i want to color match the handles like i did on my colorado. I might try to do that when i get some time.

Yeah that dent i actually pushed out and massaged better. It was alot worse. Ill have to take the heat gun to it and take my time with it.

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
post #23 of 72 Old 11-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebelkhan View Post
Looks good. I have to say I would hate to be the cop who approaches your MO after a traffic stop...
Simple...approach with gun drawn or nearly so. Don't be surprised if that happens. I've been the cop, and I get VERY, VERY nervous when I can't see inside a car. It's the single most dangerous position a police officer can be in.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #24 of 72 Old 11-06-2010, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Its no big deal guys, all my cars have all the windows tinted. Of course theres extra caution required when driving with the windows up, look out for cops, extra blindspot checks, etc. When you do see a cop, just roll the front windows down asap. Or slide open the sunroof shade so the sun light glows through and makes the interior seem a bit brighter and tints not so obvious.

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
post #25 of 72 Old 11-06-2010, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbizzy View Post
Yeah i want to color match the handles like i did on my colorado. I might try to do that when i get some time.

Yeah that dent i actually pushed out and massaged better. It was alot worse. Ill have to take the heat gun to it and take my time with it.
IMO, color matched door handles (like my 95 Max SE has) just look so much classier on any car. I'm aware, however, that some people - mostly kids and/or older people longing for the chrome laden cars of the 60's and 70's - are still into that glitzy look. Personally, I've always been a fan of debadging (we used to call it dechroming).

As for those bumper corner dents, I had a huge one on my 04 Mo that I managed to pop out so it really wasn't very noticeable. Still, the paint was cracked so I finally (2 years later) took it in to get the bumper cover repaired. It was then that I discovered the cover had flexed up and broken 3 of the 4 taillight assembly attachment points. That's also how I'm aware of the relatively large blind spots on the rar of our Mos.
post #26 of 72 Old 01-04-2011, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This topic has a lot of humour in it depending on where you're coming from! I can certainly see Pilgrims lawman view. The cost for doing the two side windows here in Manitoba is 110.00 plus tax. Can some of you give me an approx cost for the same job in the U.S.? We are heading to AZ for a bit and if it's at all more economical would get it done there. Thanks.
post #27 of 72 Old 01-05-2011, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Your asking about the two front windows? In AZ its completely legal to have limo tint on the front windows, i used to drive my mustang around tinted up all the time. Even the police crown vics have limo tints all around.

To just tint the front windows with some good 3M quality material your looking at like $50 per glass imo. But why stop there, i say get all your windows front and back, plus a windsheild visor all limo for approx $300 IMO.

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
post #28 of 72 Old 01-05-2011, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by se2007 View Post
This topic has a lot of humour in it depending on where you're coming from! I can certainly see Pilgrims lawman view. The cost for doing the two side windows here in Manitoba is 110.00 plus tax. Can some of you give me an approx cost for the same job in the U.S.? We are heading to AZ for a bit and if it's at all more economical would get it done there. Thanks.
A month ago I paid $91.90 which included New York sales tax to have LLumar Tint 15% applied to front side windows. I'd say wherever you go in the USA it would be about $85 -$100.

eeeee
post #29 of 72 Old 01-05-2011, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Your asking about the two front windows? In AZ its completely legal to have limo tint on the front windows, i used to drive my mustang around tinted up all the time. Even the police crown vics have limo tints all around.

To just tint the front windows with some good 3M quality material your looking at like $50 per glass imo. But why stop there, i say get all your windows front and back, plus a windsheild visor all limo for approx $300 IMO.
These Mo owners are just Wintering in Arizona and not staying there indefinitely. No way should they consider tint as you suggest. They should just tint the two front side windows so they are close to the other side windows.

eeeee
post #30 of 72 Old 01-10-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Its no big deal guys, all my cars have all the windows tinted. Of course theres extra caution required when driving with the windows up, look out for cops, extra blindspot checks, etc. When you do see a cop, just roll the front windows down asap. Or slide open the sunroof shade so the sun light glows through and makes the interior seem a bit brighter and tints not so obvious.
If your sunroof is tinted (I think you mentioned it was), that doesn't really help much.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: