Just Tinted Every Single Window In My 2004 Murano. - Page 3 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 72 Old 01-11-2011, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to turbizzy
True lol. I did overdo my sunroof with 5%. Its way too dark. Im gonna redo it but more like 50% or something light enough to still get some sunlight through but block the UVs and keep the interior cool.

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 72 Old 01-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That looks nice!! I miss my tinted windows. One of these days ill get them re-tinted.
post #33 of 72 Old 01-12-2011, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Why'd you take em off? Where in the bay are you?

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
post #34 of 72 Old 01-12-2011, 06:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jude
My guesses would be either Fremont, or San Jose... but his location says east bay so we can probably x out San Jo...

On another note, Im so glad I came across this thread. About a month ago driving down 880 by Montague Expwy @ 11pm highway patrol got behind me for a couple seconds, then paced next to me for at least 20 seconds, then got behind me again to pull me over for my tint on my Eclipse. I had 35% only on the front and rear side windows and nothing on the back window at all so when he got behind me I thought it was either a) my tv or b) disturbing the peace. But anyway I have till Feb 1st to get it taken care of and I still haven't gotten the ticket signed off, but the tints came off the same night >=(
post #35 of 72 Old 01-12-2011, 11:59 AM

Close Jude, Im in Hayward. CHP pull me over. I was at the off ramp on 98th ave going towards the airport. I had just missed the green light so i was the first car turning left from 880 N. The third car going the opposite way (on 98th going East) was CHP. I saw him trying to look through my tints to see, and then and there i knew what he was going to do. Just like clockwork, he went to the next light and busted a U-turn. He was waiting for me at the light and when i had green and made my turn, i just started to switch lanes and rolled all my windows, since by this time he had turned on his lights and was riding my bumper. Oh well

Where are you located bizzy?
post #36 of 72 Old 01-16-2011, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Im in San Leandro/Oakland.

Can you tell us what your CVC is written on your tickets? And what the date was?

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
post #37 of 72 Old 01-18-2011, 03:31 PM

Let me look for the ticket.

Ok found it.

26708 (a) (1) Front Window tint 6/16/10 (i didnt have this ticket in the car so CHP gave me the second one)
26708 (a)1 Front Window tint - 07/27/10

Last edited by Ramon357; 01-19-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Added more info
post #38 of 72 Old 01-19-2011, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude View Post
...I have till Feb 1st to get it taken care of and I still haven't gotten the ticket signed off, but the tints came off the same night >=(
Jude, did you receive your courtesy notice in the mail yet or are you just basing the due date off the ticket the cop gave you? Does the ticket say its correctable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon357 View Post
Let me look for the ticket.

Ok found it.

26708 (a) (1) Front Window tint 6/16/10 (i didnt have this ticket in the car so CHP gave me the second one)
26708 (a)1 Front Window tint - 07/27/10
Ramon, same question. Do you have your courtesy notice? Does it say its correctable?

Here's why im asking. Couple months ago i got popped for limo tints all around in my truck and i too got cited for CVC 28707A1 WINDOW TINT FRONT and 5200A LICENSE PLATES MISSING because i didn't have a front plate. But on my ticket, the tint line was not marked "correctable". The missing plate line was marked "correctable" But i've gotten tint tickets in the past so i thought i'd just wait for the courtesy notice in the mail. Well, when the notice showed up it says that I owe $351 or $215 with proof of correction.

Now i've heard from other forums that as of 2010 the illegal front tint ticket is no longer correctable. That its just a fine now regardless if you took them off or not. Can any of you guys confirm this, Ramon?

I came across this thread on a firearms forum where it seems like a couple CHP officers commented. Im gonna try his advice and fix the tints, get it signed off and see what they say in court.

Question in regards to Ticket CVC 26708A1 - Calguns.net

One CHP officer states "yup... super secret, it's really not up to us if it's correctable.. it's up to the court. Go get it corrected and bring it to the court.. done."

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
post #39 of 72 Old 01-19-2011, 03:57 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Having lived in SF for 20 years....sfpd tickets must always be protested. Good chance the cop wont show (atlest 50%) and have your ticket dismissed or atleast reduced. Its always worth it. Other counties are not as easy though but...I say go fix the tint--remove it-- take photos and present your case in court.

Adding more tint on oem car windows always have the risk of getting a ticket ......eventually you will pull side by side a ticket happy cop. Just the way it goes....Thats why I try to give them NO reason for them to pull me over. Comply with the law and forget about it. I guess I'm getting old.

The price of that tix would have paid for a descent pair of cool sun glasses. Good luck in court.
post #40 of 72 Old 01-19-2011, 04:15 AM Thread Starter

Ya, your are old! jk lol. What can we say? We like breakin the law, breakin the law!

I've had the tints on there since 05 so worst case scenerio i got my 5 years worth out of it. I might end up taking the fronts off my truck and getting it signed off by a Berkeley PD since thats where i work. Ooo maybe even a metermaid, anyone know if a metermaid can sign it off? They do tell your "any law enforcement officer" can sign it off. Hmmmm

Actually i've got a court date scheduled for next month for a different car and reason so maybe ill just bring that stuff with me and see what the comissioner says.

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
post #41 of 72 Old 01-19-2011, 11:52 AM

All window tint tickets are correctable as far as i know. Not sure if this year it changed or not. Maybe the cop forgot to mark it? I was looking at other tickets I've received and some don't have correctable, but I've been able to get them fixed.

LOL not sure about a metermaid writing off on the ticket. If I had to guess, I would guess that they cant. But who knows? If you find out, let us know
post #42 of 72 Old 01-20-2011, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Im def gonna try lol.

So wait a sec, what did you do about that ticket you just got? Did you get it signed off and everything?

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
post #43 of 72 Old 01-23-2011, 10:58 PM

Yup, took the tints off and got both tickets signed off. Know any good tint places around here?
post #44 of 72 Old 01-24-2011, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Yeah actually i've got a guy i always use for my cars, his names Eddy and he works in San Leandro. His rates are good and he uses good materials. 510-213-1877.

Just tell him Izzy with the black colorado sent ya.

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
post #45 of 72 Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM

Thanks Izzy!!!! Got the Mo tinted yesterday. Looks nice. Eddie took his time and did a really good job. I already recommended him to my brother. Thanks again!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: