Just Tinted Every Single Window In My 2004 Murano. - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 09-06-2010, 02:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to turbizzy
Just Tinted Every Single Window In My 2004 Murano.

This weekend my buddy and I (who also does 3M clearbra) tinted all of my windows. We did 5% limo on all the back windows including the sunroof, 35% on the front door windows, 70% on the entire windsheild and added a 5% limo tint strip across the windsheild to serve as a sun visor. Came out great. Ill post some pics tomorrow.

The interior is soo much cooler now, and there's no reason to even use sunglasses in the bright sunny california weather now. I even rolled the windows down a bit and had to squint so i rolled em back up and didn't even us the AC, it was soo cool inside it really wasn't needed.

Izzy - MY PANDORA BODYKIT FOR SALE
04 Murano SE
05 Colorado ZQ8
85 Mustang SVO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-06-2010, 06:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jude
Cant wait to see those pix!

Im pretty sure you're familiar with the law and window tinting, and Ive got to say you've got some --LLS tinting the windshield! lol...

But yeah Im interested in seeing those pics! Good luck!
#3 Old 09-06-2010, 08:54 AM

70% on the entire front window?

2003 SL AWD Black
#4 Old 09-06-2010, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Here is 70% on my front side windows against white paper. It is not that bad.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/gallery/...ent_tint_3.jpg

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#5 Old 09-07-2010, 06:08 AM

#6 Old 09-07-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebelkhan View Post
Here is 70% on my front side windows against white paper. It is not that bad.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/gallery/...ent_tint_3.jpg
Zeb, you misunderstood, he said 70% on the front WINDSHIELD. Thank god I don't live CA anymore. I'm truely speechless...

2006 SL AWD - Platinum
#7 Old 09-07-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatty McPatty View Post
Zeb, you misunderstood, he said 70% on the front WINDSHIELD.
I know that. I was trying to show the 70% tint against a white back ground. I don't think it really blocks more than a dirty windshield does. Night time driving can become an issue though.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#8 Old 09-08-2010, 03:17 AM

Gawd, that cop was doin way too much. I swear i've never been pulled over by those nice cops! Those people were actin dumb, they knew what was up lol.

Yeah 70% isn't too bad. Like I said, its just a hair darker like a cheap pair of sunglasses. It helps somewhat though. Sorry for not posting pics, ill take some tomorrow if i get home in time before sunset.

And cops don't usually bother me too much anymore, just gotta learn to avoid them. I've got no front plate, expired tag (keep forgetting to put the sticker on) and tints. Neither of my other cars have any front plates either lol.

04 Murano SE
05 Colorado ZQ8
85 Mustang SVO
#9 Old 09-08-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebelkhan View Post
Night time driving can become an issue though.
Ding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbizzy View Post
Yeah 70% isn't too bad. Like I said, its just a hair darker like a cheap pair of sunglasses.
No one wears sunglasses at night (aside from Corey Hart). This is truely a donk move.

2006 SL AWD - Platinum
#10 Old 09-08-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbizzy View Post
And cops don't usually bother me too much anymore, just gotta learn to avoid them.
Im guessing you dont drive around Fremont or San Jose often do ya?! :P
#11 Old 09-08-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude View Post
Im guessing you dont drive around Fremont or San Jose often do ya?! :P
Exactly. I actually had 5% all the way around (except windshield) on my bmw back in the 90's (had it done in bakersfield) then got ticketed in Sunnyvale (near San Jose). It's not worth the aggravation to break those laws. I never had a front license plate on any vehicle in california in 18 years and never was stopped for it.
#12 Old 09-08-2010, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slriv View Post
Exactly. I actually had 5% all the way around (except windshield) on my bmw back in the 90's (had it done in bakersfield) then got ticketed in Sunnyvale (near San Jose). It's not worth the aggravation to break those laws. I never had a front license plate on any vehicle in california in 18 years and never was stopped for it.

They usually get you for speeding or rolling the sign--some moving violation and then add the missing plates. But if you never had a ticket or pulled over by police ever, like my wife, then you are a lucky guy.
#13 Old 09-09-2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatty McPatty View Post
No one wears sunglasses at night (aside from Corey Hart). This is truely a donk move.
I'm not really sure how to take that comment. I never said I wore sunglasses at night. All I was saying is that the 70% tint is as light as as a cheap pair of sunglasses. I don't see how that's a "donk move". To each his own though. Not gonna stress on it.

And naw, Jude. I don't really go down to the southern bay area too much. I'm mainly in Oakland, Berkeley and San Ramon valley area. Like I said, I just try to avoid them and so far I've been ok. I've got 5% on all my windows on my daily driver truck and have had it for like 4 years now. Even when my truck got broken into and the police took photos they didn't even say anything about the tint and it was so obvious since it was just hanging there. I even got my insurance to pay for the retint lol. It's all good though, I've got a few friends in high places.

P.S. Mr F.A.B. wears his stunna glasses at night!

04 Murano SE
05 Colorado ZQ8
85 Mustang SVO
#14 Old 09-13-2010, 12:24 AM

Ok so i finally took a few pics today. It was getting late so the lighting isn't too great and i used my crappy iphone camera but hopefully you get the point.

Here you can see the differences between the 3 tins. The door glass is 35%, the windsheild is 70% and the upper windsheild sun visor strip is 5%. This is using 3M materials.

5% on the sunroof but im gonna redo it lighter, its too dark and defeats the purpose of a sunroof. Might go 20 or 35%.

Difference between the front 35% and rear 5%

04 Murano SE
05 Colorado ZQ8
85 Mustang SVO
#15 Old 09-13-2010, 03:58 PM

Looks good. I have to say I would hate to be the cop who approaches your MO after a traffic stop...

By the way, why the sunroof?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: