User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 46 Old 03-06-2006, 01:25 PM
08 G37S, Prev MO owner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy

I was stopped by a Florida State Trooper on the Turnpike down in West Palm Beach last year. His device was a box w/a slit where the window slid in. 1st time in 15 years I've ever been stopped solely for tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 46 Old 03-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by sikefla
I was stopped by a Florida State Trooper on the Turnpike down in West Palm Beach last year. His device was a box w/a slit where the window slid in. 1st time in 15 years I've ever been stopped solely for tint.
What was the outcome?

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum (Retired)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
-Air Helper Springs

Replaced with 2013 BMW x5d
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 1973 MGB
post #18 of 46 Old 03-26-2006, 02:00 AM
tqt

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by NELSON
u guys are lucky.. In the NY/NJ area.. tints of any kind are illegal on the front windows..
Likewise in IL. But i do want to do 50% but I can't find it anywhere anymore.

I had 5% in the back windows in my old college beater and it was impossible to see out the back at night. Not gonna do that again.

post #19 of 46 Old 03-28-2006, 02:05 AM
08 G37S, Prev MO owner

Outcome was a ticket for improper equipment. I paid the ticket. If this becomes a regular occurence I might consider changing, or getting an eye doctor's Rx for sensitivity to UV light.. :-)
post #20 of 46 Old 03-28-2006, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sikefla
Outcome was a ticket for improper equipment. I paid the ticket. If this becomes a regular occurence I might consider changing, or getting an eye doctor's Rx for sensitivity to UV light.. :-)
That would require Rx tinted sunglasses on the human not tint on the car.

2003 SL AWD Black
post #21 of 46 Old 03-28-2006, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo
That would require Rx tinted sunglasses on the human not tint on the car.
I am sure any kind of skin condition would qualify....

Former owner of 2004 SL AWD
post #22 of 46 Old 03-28-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by njjoe
My brother is a police officer and you can understand how he must feel walking up to the drivers window not knowing if the occupants are pointing a weapon at him. That is an awful feeling.

-njjoe
If anyone with any tinting on their glass should always roll down all of your windows when you're pulled over ... and if the cop starts sniffing inside your car for pot, tell him why you did it, to make him feel safe because of the tinted glass. ... yeah and your brother is a cop too... that might also help you not get a ticket.
post #23 of 46 Old 03-28-2006, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zebelkhan

I am sure any kind of skin condition would qualify....
yeah but having a tan might give you away!!

QUICK paint yourself pure white!!

2004 Murano SL AWD Black/Black Leather ~ Remote Starter ~ Cargo Area Protector ~ K&N Hi-Flow AF ~ Bug Deflector ~ Window Deflectors ~ Rear Bumper Protector ~ Nissan iPod Interface

Want to add, sound proofing ~ under hood radar detector ~ tinted front windows to match the back tint ~ Waiting on clearguard.com tail-light tinting film and Chrome dipped oem Rims from lawheels.com
post #24 of 46 Old 04-03-2006, 11:45 AM

Does it look better with tint... or no tint ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	murano window tint.jpg
Views:	1222
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	12284  
post #25 of 46 Old 04-03-2006, 11:58 AM
tqt

With tint, but it looks like the front is darker than the back. I've would probably go the other way where the front is lighter...but too bad it's illegal in IL.

Oops...................I just realized that was a photoshop pix.
post #26 of 46 Old 04-03-2006, 12:39 PM

To tint, or not to Tint...

Quote:
Originally posted by tqt
With tint, but it looks like the front is darker than the back. I've would probably go the other way where the front is lighter...but too bad it's illegal in IL.

Oops...................I just realized that was a photoshop pix.
Ha... yup, it's photoshopped... just to get an idea if I like the tint or not. I think i do, but you are correct, it's way to dark. I'm thinking half of the way if looks... a little lighter then the back, so it start off light and gets darker as it goes back.

The back is 20% right? I have an appointment to get 35% put on the front windows this friday. I know it's illegal here in Jersey... but I'm hoping it's not that dark so i don't get pulled over. Worse case, I remove it after.
post #27 of 46 Old 04-18-2006, 02:08 PM

Re: To tint, or not to Tint...

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGymKid

Ha... yup, it's photoshopped... just to get an idea if I like the tint or not. I think i do, but you are correct, it's way to dark. I'm thinking half of the way if looks... a little lighter then the back, so it start off light and gets darker as it goes back.

The back is 20% right? I have an appointment to get 35% put on the front windows this friday. I know it's illegal here in Jersey... but I'm hoping it's not that dark so i don't get pulled over. Worse case, I remove it after.
I was taking a break from waxing my mo this past Saturday, and was sitting on my front steps in Margate NJ ...

More then half of the cars that drove by had tinted front windows that matched the back windows... all were at the most 3 years old, most of them where SUVs, and there was about 30 of them, and all with NJ tags.

And this is a law in NJ, zero front tinting?

I think if you perfectly match the back windows that you'll be fine ... how many times in the past 10 or 20 years have you been stopped by the police?

I drive like a lunatic and only been stopped 4 times in my life, and talked my way out of all but 1 speeding ticket (or they gave me a ticket for something like a tail light being out ... when I had no tail light out ... and I was very happy for the $15 dollar ticket instead of the $450 I should have gotten) - The cop had to have a reason for pulling me over "tail light"

I never drive after drinking (nowdays). And I always wear my seatbelt. And never drive fast where other people could be hurt. (school zones/play grounds ...etc.)

When a cop stops you its not going to be over your tinting unless you have limo tint. If you have limo tint and I was a cop and had you pulled over... I'd pull my gun and point it at your head with the hammer pulled back untill I was right up on your car and could see inside. And if you kept your windows up ... you could end up dead real easy. "BANG!". Crap like this happens all the time, just watch the news...

My point, if you have tinting that makes a cop feel unsafe they'll throw the book at your and your car.

A light tinting that lets others still be able to see in your car, you sould be fine. All matters on how many times you get pulled over ... I don't think most cops are going to care, unless you're doing 90 miles per hour thru a school zone and you're a kid, with a crack pipe hanging out of your mouth, wearing gang colors, blasting rap music about "shooting cops"... Or, (just as bad) you don't know when to keep your mouth shut.

I've seen an idiot last summer turn a $25 dollar fine in to a $1,000.00 dollar fine just by not knowing when to keep their mouth shut.

My point, if you're smart get a light tinting, unless the cops in your area are ball busters.

If you're smart and work for the goverment, (fireman, etc.) get a little darker....(matching back windows)

If you're a idiot, get the limo tint and beep and wave your arms out the windows at cops while speeding past them and when pulled you over keep your windows rolled up ... (one less defect to the human gene pool).

2004 Murano SL AWD Black/Black Leather ~ Remote Starter ~ Cargo Area Protector ~ K&N Hi-Flow AF ~ Bug Deflector ~ Window Deflectors ~ Rear Bumper Protector ~ Nissan iPod Interface

Want to add, sound proofing ~ under hood radar detector ~ tinted front windows to match the back tint ~ Waiting on clearguard.com tail-light tinting film and Chrome dipped oem Rims from lawheels.com
post #28 of 46 Old 04-18-2006, 03:04 PM
tqt

I got 50% on my daily commuter just to keep the sun from burning my arm. Still light enough to see in. I always see state troopers pulling people over with "darker" tint on the freeway. One day I'll tint the MO, but the wife is still paranoid about getting a ticket since it's illegal in IL. (not fair, she get to drive my MO, while I get to "save" money and gas by using her Corolla for commuting. )
post #29 of 46 Old 04-18-2006, 06:09 PM

I tinted my fronts with 35. The combo with the almost nonexistant stock tint in front is still lighter than the stock back but looks and works great here in Texas.

-------------------------------------------------
05 Murano SE
Merlot Exterior with Charcoal Interior
Touring and VDC Packages
Mud Guards, floor mats, cargo protector and Roof Rail Crossbars
post #30 of 46 Old 04-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Margatenj-

I loved your perspective on tinting car windows. It is pretty much right on the mark.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum (Retired)

-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
-Air Helper Springs

Replaced with 2013 BMW x5d
and 1973 MGB

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: