Nissan Murano Forum banner

Weathertec rubber floor mats -

12K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  alex33324 
#1 ·
What's the verdict on these has anyone bought them?

They appear to be more of a harder plastic material not soft rubber. Or are the Nissan ones at the dealer the ones to purchase?? Any other good brands that fit the Murano well for cold snowy winters?

See less See more
#2 ·
The other alternate is Huskyliners. Same fit as Weathertech but usually less expensive...and yes they are a fairly hard plastic. Both of these will provide more protection, especially at the sides and at the front, than the Nissan winter mats.

#3 ·
I have the Nissan rubber mats in my Murano, and I have WeatherTech in my Explorer because it's used as a work truck and i wanted more protection. WeatherTech are hard and molded and easy to clean, and do offer protection to the sides. In terms of protection, the WeatherTech are superior.

#4 ·
I went with the mats not floor liners. I'm sure the liners do a better job but ascetically the mats are more pleasing. The fit is custom and they look good.

#5 · (Edited)
I agree with bob1; have had Nissan OEM rubber mats, WeatherTech mats (both rubber and the "digital fit" tray-type) as well as Husky liners. I like the appearance, fit, and feel of the OEM rubber mats. They are high quality, durable and color match perfectly. The WeatherTech rubber mats fit, but not quite as well, and the color is fairly close, and are also very durable. I found both WeatherTech and Husky tray-types are molded from a harder rubber/plastic material, and I didn't like the "slicker" feel. However, if I were in a muddy or snowy environment, I would be tempted to go with the WeatherTech tray mats because of their ability to hold liquids and dirt.

#6 ·
I've had both Husky and Weathertech floor liners in other vehicles, and I think they are great. Even got a set of them for my daughter when she bought her first new car (a Corolla).

In my Murano I have the Nissan all-weather mats. While they don't provide the same coverage as a digital fit floor liner, I like them. They keep most of the debris out of the carpet, look good, and they are heavy duty.

#7 ·
I've had the front and rear in my '09 LE since April 2008. My regular floor mats along with the rear cargo cover are still in the original wrapping sitting in my attic. Just love these mats. Easy clean up and holds A LOT of liquid. I was sold on these when I had to pick my daughter up from school one day because she was feeling sick. Halfway home she said she was going to throw-up and I said just aim for the floor. A quick rise of the mats after we got home and everything was good as new. After over six years of use with Chicago winters, they still clean up like new. I will purchase them for the 2015 Murano when the time comes. Hope this helps and take care!

Jim

#10 ·
Looking at those mats, you really should have gone for the weathertechs. Especially up in Canada. Would have been only about 50 bucks more and they provide much better coverage. JMO

Reactions: bob1
#12 ·
We just got our Mo the Weathertech all weather floor mats. I liked the look of them better than I did the Floor Liners. I didn't think we needed all that coverage of the Floor Liners.

Reactions: bob1 and DarkMeth
#14 ·
#17 ·
I’ve had those mats for 4 years now and love them. Much better look feel and fit than the Weathertechs I had before.

#20 ·
The Weather Tech mats are great. Durable (and about as nice as rubber floor mats can be) Obviously carpet is nicer, but once you have these installed and can just forget about dirt and cleaning carpet, you won't be sorry. One issue I've discovered is that the light tan color which we have will pick up dirt on the top edges of the ribs in the mat. I just clean them off in the bathtub occasionally, with soap and a medium stiff scrub brush. I do wish i would have purchased black however, which would have looked fine since the the interior is light tan and black anyway (just the carpets are tan).

Bulletproof durability though; mine are on their third year in our '09, and when cleaned up, they look new. I keep them in year round.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.