Nissan Murano Forum banner

Is this Jack Any Good?

10K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mattski 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I was planning to buy a jack. Need to do some tire work and was thinking of doing my tire rotations myself. Just wanted to know is this jack any good. The reviews say it good.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Wilmar-W41022-Ton-Jack-Stands/dp/B000779SPY/ref=sr_1_185?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1427304254&sr=1-185&keywords=car+jack+hydraulic[/ame]

#2 ·
Are you looking for a jack? You posted a link to Jack stands, but those will work after its jacked up.

#3 ·
Any decent floor jack can be used to lift. Get one with as much lift (in inches) as possible, because it is miserable to be under a car that barely clears your chest while you're laying on the ground. You'll probably also want a "quick lift" jack that doesn't require as many handle-pumps to get lifting. Get at least a 2-ton jack; 3+ is better. Reserve capacity is a very, very good thing.

Keep in mind that a low-clearance car like a Z benefits from you having a jack with a beginning lift point that is fairly close to the ground.

This NAPA jack is good: http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...loor-Jack-2-1-4-Ton/_/R-BK_7761007_0143038513

Jack Closed Height : 5.25"<<
Jack Lift Distance : 14.25"
Jack Raised Height : 19.5"<<
Jack Saddle Diameter : 4.375"
Lift Capacity : 2 1/4 Ton
Unit Weight : 66.15 lbs
$184

When storing a floor jack, turn the handle to release pressure on the hydraulic seal - don't store it with the handle screwed down and ready to lift.

DO NOT get under a car on a floor jack. They can leak or fail. Lift with the floor jack, insert and set a jackstand, let the car down onto the jackstand, push against the car from side to side to confirm that it's stable, THEN you're OK to get under it.

You can use a jack like that for decades, so don't buy only by price.

#7 ·
After using a couple of cheapi floor jacks for years...each one lasted about 5-6 years, I went with the Arcan Quick Rise Professional Service Jack — 3 1/2-Ton, Model# XL35 from northern tool. at $150 it wasn't cheap, but it works so well and I rotate or change two sets of tires every 4 months. It is a beast at 100 lbs, but in conjunction with jack stands, I never have any problem lifting the mo for any point or getting under the wife's honda witht the low profile. Should be the last jack I ever buy.... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.