Nissan Murano Forum banner

nerf bars for Murano, any thoughts?

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JayS 
#1 ·
I'm not a fan of side steps since Murano is not that too big, but my kids need a set to easily get in and out. I'm planning to get the Romik nerf bars from here-- Shop for Nerf Bar. Will mount them by myself, so I just want to know if it is difficult to set up? I’m also curious if nerf bars are safe steps for kids or running boards would be better. Thanks.

#2 ·
My daughter isn't that tall and she's been climbing into our AWD Murano unassisted since we got it when she was 4.

Personally I think nerf bars are going to look just terrible on a crossover suv like the Murano. Like putting hockey gear on a figure skater.

#3 ·
I had nerf bars on my 2004 and I thought they looked great. However, the nerf bars were too close to the body which made them difficult to use without hitting the body with the shoes. I liked them though mostly for cosmetic reasons because they created an aggressive look, and also helped cover up the low hanging middle muffler when viewed from the sides.

#5 ·
I suspect the primary effect of the nerf bars is to extend the sides of the car outward, providing another surface to catch dirt, so your kids (and you) are more likely to get dirt on your lower pants leg by brushing against the bars while stepping in and out. I very much doubt that your kids will step on them most of the time. If you do buy them with that intention, make sure to get ones with rubber step inserts on them, because chrome is slippery and makes a lousy step surface.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.