Fog bulbs replacement – DIY - Page 7 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #91 of 104 Old 02-19-2010, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, I should have mentioned the other option, a blue-tinted incandescent bulb. Costs $5 and is a pretty close match to stock HID. That was what I did when I first got the MO. I got the PIAA Ultra White Plus incandescent bulbs, but I'm sure most "hyper white" bulbs will do just fine.

Patrick

2006 SL AWD - Platinum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 104 Old 03-24-2010, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the tips Patrick ... I would like to ask now if there are some instructions available here about how to change the parking lights bulbs?

I really don't want to brake anything, so I was asking first if we have some picture around here about how to do it?

2006 Nissan Murano SL
Tinted front windows (3M film)
JL Audio Stealthbox sub-woofer
JL Audio Slash 250, 1-channel sub-woofer amplifier
post #93 of 104 Old 06-07-2010, 08:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to Niwdeciluom
That's the easy part! I can do it without taking off the tires, How about the passenger side I spend hours taking off the bulb assembly because I have no access at the back cause by the wiper washer container, any idea will be appreciated...
post #94 of 104 Old 06-07-2010, 11:21 AM

Niwdeciluom, I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you trying to replace the passenger-side fog light bulb? If so, the answer is further back in this thread! Basically, reach OVER the rerservoir, not under. Look back in the thread for more info.

Again, I can't stress this enough, when changing any front bulb, it is not necessary to remove any components; Just unscrew 3 mud flap screws and 2 push tabs at the top of the wheel well holding the 2 overlapping plastic liners, and gently peel back. This is the way you access all of the front lights; headlight, 2 parking lights, turn signal and fog light. The hardest bulbs to change are the turn signals (on HID headlight assemblies), but even accessing those bulbs doesn't require you to remove anything additional.

Patrick

2006 SL AWD - Platinum
post #95 of 104 Old 06-07-2010, 11:18 PM

Phatty, I haven't been on here really checkin much lately, but how have things been with your LED's you ordered from LED.com back a while ago? The blue ones I had ordered for replacing my white corner parking lamps have been having issues lately. On both of them, several columns have been cutting in and out. Some times I'll bang on my head light lense or wiggle the light around a bit and some of them will come back on. So it's not a wiring harness issue, just with the LED's themselves. Have you had any similiar issues with yours? Oh and I got another warning from the base gate security about them, I hate when they hire new kids. The police here don't care, so they shouldn't either

Former owner of an '06 Merlot Murano S AWD
AVS Bug Guard/ SES 12 Piece Chrome Pillar Trim/ Wade Window Deflectors/ Inno Roof Rack/ Yakima Sprocket Rocket Roof Mount Bike Rack/ Reese Hitch Receiver/ Mud Flaps/ 235/60-18 Pirelli Scorpian A/T's/ Murano All Weather Rubber Floor Mats/ T15 Wedge 36 Ultra Bright Blue SMT LED Parking Lamps.

Current owner of an '09 Black Noir Pearl Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan w/Premium Package.

Goal of the day....Be different!
post #96 of 104 Old 06-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Super Senior Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
My EBAY HID fog/DRL have been in 3 years now without a hint of trouble.
They truly were "Plug and Play"....
There just isn't any sense messing with imitation "looks like" HID when the real thing is so inexpensive and no more difficult to install than replacing a bulb!

'07 SE black/black, Everything but OEM NAV
Magellan Roadmate 1700 7" in dash with OEM backup camera/ factory displays
Valentine One
GROM IPOD/USB/AUX audio interface with Bluetooth
Magnetbra
Weathertech Floor Liners

Former owner:
'03 SL
post #97 of 104 Old 06-08-2010, 01:48 PM

The LED's weren't to immitate the HID lights whatsoever though. These were nothing less than replacing the clear corner parking lamps with something different.

AVS Bug Guard/ SES 12 Piece Chrome Pillar Trim/ Wade Window Deflectors/ Inno Roof Rack/ Yakima Sprocket Rocket Roof Mount Bike Rack/ Reese Hitch Receiver/ Mud Flaps/ 235/60-18 Pirelli Scorpian A/T's/ Murano All Weather Rubber Floor Mats/ T15 Wedge 36 Ultra Bright Blue SMT LED Parking Lamps.

Current owner of an '09 Black Noir Pearl Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan w/Premium Package.

post #98 of 104 Old 06-08-2010, 08:41 PM

Bulbs like bulbs but i sold my Murano and i`m sad.

Dont drive faster than your angel can fly!
post #99 of 104 Old 06-27-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHN View Post
Phatty, I haven't been on here really checkin much lately, but how have things been with your LED's you ordered from LED.com back a while ago? The blue ones I had ordered for replacing my white corner parking lamps have been having issues lately. On both of them, several columns have been cutting in and out. Some times I'll bang on my head light lense or wiggle the light around a bit and some of them will come back on. So it's not a wiring harness issue, just with the LED's themselves. Have you had any similiar issues with yours? Oh and I got another warning from the base gate security about them, I hate when they hire new kids. The police here don't care, so they shouldn't either
Hey BEACHN! I actually started using V-LEDS.com bulbs instead of LEDLight.com. V-LEDS definitely have the brightest LEDs around! BUT one of mine has had the same issue. I've learned a lot about LEDs in the mean time and have come to understand that retrofit LEDs will never last in incandescent housing. LEDs are finicky. Voltage spikes and fluctuations (common in vehicle electrical systems) reduce the life of LEDs quickly. They need conditioned, steady input current. And without proper heat management (heatsinks), LEDs overheat, dim and eventually fail prematurely. I'll be switching back to incandescent bulbs as the LEDs fail.

Take care,

Patrick

2006 SL AWD - Platinum
post #100 of 104 Old 06-27-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatty McPatty View Post
Hey BEACHN! I actually started using V-LEDS.com bulbs instead of LEDLight.com. V-LEDS definitely have the brightest LEDs around! BUT one of mine has had the same issue. I've learned a lot about LEDs in the mean time and have come to understand that retrofit LEDs will never last in incandescent housing. LEDs are finicky. Voltage spikes and fluctuations (common in vehicle electrical systems) reduce the life of LEDs quickly. They need conditioned, steady input current. And without proper heat management (heatsinks), LEDs overheat, dim and eventually fail prematurely. I'll be switching back to incandescent bulbs as the LEDs fail.

Take care,

Patrick
Thanks Patrick, I'll have to take a look at that site. I kinda like the uniqueness of the multi SMT led look, but when you pay that much for just one, it is a bit annoying for it to start malfunctioning like that. It's too bad nobody makes one that is truely survivable in a car. Shortly after I wrote my last post I went up to Ottowa and while driving through New York got pulled over for speeding. He gave me a warning for speeding and a fix it ticket for the blue led's. Good luck with your light endeaver there, take it easy.
Beach

post #101 of 104 Old 08-29-2010, 11:16 PM

This thread saved me alot of time. Especially the reach over the windshield washer reservoir part! Thanks alot!
post #102 of 104 Old 12-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Qat

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just installed Hoen bulbs all around, including the fogs. It was actually pretty easy and only took me about 15 minutes to do both. All I did was remove the bottom two push-pins from the wheel well liner and peel the liner out of the lip of the wheel well about 8 inches. From there I was able to reach the bulbs and twist them out. It helped to place a light on the floor shining upwards to illuminate inside.

Driver's side: Easy to reach the bulb, but the wire is a bit short so you have to get both hands behind the liner to remove the bulb from the socket.

Passenger's side: Bulb is not too hard to reach, but you have to work by feel because of the windshield washer fluid reservoir. Fortunately the wire is long so you can pull it all the way out from behind the liner to remove and replace the bulb. Getting the plug back in has to be done by feel, as well.

I do have the advantage of having small hands. If you are a big guy you might be able to talk your wife or kid into fetching out the bulbs for you.

Also, wearing surgical gloves is good to keep from getting any body oil on the bulb and keeps your hands cleaner, too.

2010 SL Tinted Bronze/Beige | Leather | Premium | 360°
LED DRLs | Interior LEDs | Aluminum Pedals | All Weather Mats & Cargo Liner | Fumoto Oil Drain Valve | Reese Hitch
post #103 of 104 Old 06-25-2016, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
anyone replaced the fogs on a 2015 or 16

I want to switch to yellow bulbs on the fogs and would appreciate any info on bulbs selection and installation tips. Thanks Grip

2016, White, Platinum,
1 Sill lights,
2 Chrome surrounds rear reflectors, side mirror led.
3 Fully undercoated for sound deading
4 Special Roller Walker, sits upright in rear.
5 20" replaced by 18; wheels
In Progress Yellow fog lamps, led cup holders, Acousta mat of interior.
PAST owned "ModMo" every mod possible 1000's of posts as Gripper.

Last edited by Gripper Don; 06-25-2016 at 10:11 PM. Reason: grammar
post #104 of 104 Old 06-25-2016, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripper Don View Post
I want to switch to yellow bulbs on the fogs and would appreciate any info on bulbs selection and installation tips. Thanks Grip
I switched mine to Hoen Endurance yellow fogs. Direct replacement and same wattage as oem and they look and work great. Check out their website

2014 LE Platinum Pearl White
Nissan LED DRL
Illuminated Kickplates
Mobil 1
Maxpider 3D Floor Liners
Beat-Sonic Sharkfin Antenna
LED Reverse,Parking,Interior Bulbs
Hoen Endurance Fogs
Chrome Signal Bulbs
20% Tint Front Windows
2009 LE (gone)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version