Idle Relearn and Throttle Chamber?? - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 1 Old 10-15-2007, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Idle Relearn and Throttle Chamber??

I have an 03 Nissan Murano that I purchased in 2004. It was a loaner vehicle that had about 4500 miles, but i purchased as a new car. It now has 89k miles and I've had all major recalls, including the alternator replacement. I am now on my second battery in a year and a half, and two weeks after my second battery was installed at the Nissan Dealership, my car idles down/stalls throughout the day when i restart it. I took it in a few days ago and was told my idle relearn needed to be reset. two hours later i was told the computer was not registering and could not be reset for some reason and that further analysis needed to be done.
Finally told that the throttle chamber needed to be replaced for $565.00 to fix the problem, however my service ticket states it needed to be replaced before further analysis could be done. It's written as though they're not sure. Thoughts? Does this sound right? I've had multiple problems with my vehicle and I'm amazed that 3.5 years later I need this kind of repair work after I've already had some other major problems with a crack somewhere that caused the vehicle to be unsafe to drive. I told them to NOT to replace the throttle chamber, and now that I've gotten my car back it doesn't ride the same and the first time i cut the car off and went to restart it of course it idled all the way down and teh engine cut off, which it had never done before I took it to be checked for stalling. THOUGHTS??

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: