Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fargo, ND
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Rate Thread|
The part number is on my first post. I think I bought it at Courtesy Parts, I'm in Canada and didn't get hit at the border for it. Make sure it gets sent USPS. UPS has the huge fees at the border.
We also encountered a failed rear hatch handle today. The spring was badly rusted and therefore lost most of its tension to spring back. The rest of the handle look fine. I repaired it by replacing the spring.
Here is what I did and some pictures:
1. Follow the instructions described above to remove the handle.
2. Remove the long pin, you can do this by undoing one of the pinched end so it can slide out, I used a table vise to do this.
3. I used a spring from a mouse trap. found to be a perfect fit and the correct tension.
4. Install the spring, the ends of the spring will hang out a bit, you will need to trim them off.
5. Re-pinch the pin's end with a table vise.
6. Apply some synthetic lubricant on the spring to prevent rust.
7. Reinstall, works like new again!
The took me about 30 minutes.
Hope this helps,
|Rate This Thread|