Nissan CVT Warranty Extension - Page 13 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#181 Old 12-20-2012, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For me, the SES light came on throwing a P0744 code. Mine was replace just last week. '06 with 61,000 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 Old 12-20-2012, 08:07 PM

I like the look of the 1 generation MO but I don't know why they have so many problem, specialy CVT tranmission and the transfer case. MO is not a reliability vehicle .
#183 Old 12-20-2012, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnn View Post
I like the look of the 1 generation MO but I don't know why they have so many problem, specialy CVT tranmission and the transfer case. MO is not a reliability vehicle .
Don't base your opinion on car forums such as this one. The problems reported here aren't representative of the vast majority of Muranos.
#184 Old 12-21-2012, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafddur View Post
Don't base your opinion on car forums such as this one. The problems reported here aren't representative of the vast majority of Muranos.
X 2. Think of how many 1st gen Muranos are on the road compared to the number of members here on this forum. I bet most Muranos out there do not exhibit the same problems we see here. My brother has a 2005, I have a 2005, my friends have 2004 and 2007. So far (may be we're just lucky), none of us have had any CVT, transfer case, high pressure steering hose, wheel bearing, etc. problems commonly seen on the board.

Keep in mind that we don't abuse our vehicles. We just keep an eye on all the fluid levels, pay attention to any signs of trouble and do the basic maintenance either ourselves or garages.
#185 Old 12-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnn View Post
If you did not know any better and stood outside the intake door of your local jail you would think your town had a major crime problem because the vast majority of the people passing by would be either law enforcement personnel or criminals. However, common sense tells you the jail is not a good representation of the local population.

The same holds true here. Many people join the forum to post problems and ask for assistance. If it is a unique problem it will be discussed at length and the thread could on for pages. On the flip side, if someone posts they love their trouble-free MO it gets little or no acknowledgment. That is just the nature of good automotive forums that have an active and knowledgeable membership.

Is the MO a very reliable car? Maybe, maybe not. But there is nothing in these pages to support your claim that it is "not a reliable vehicle".

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
#186 Old 12-23-2012, 11:28 AM

Yes is true............. I received my trasmission free of charge @ cherry hill nissan

2003 sl with 97k
#187 Old 01-12-2013, 10:26 PM

Here is one for ya all. I had some work done on my 04 with 98,000 +/- miles at Auto Motion in Reno. While I had it in, I had him check the CVT, all's well......kinda. I had a little slippage. Nissan of Reno was called and they said they did 36 or so CVT change outs last year. Nissan is aware of the issue with the CVT and wants to stay away from a class action lawsuit. I was told that Nissan will replace the CVT B/4 117,000 mi. with pretty much no questions asked. They are not going to change out just because. So pay attention as to how the CVT feels. Any little issue. Take it in and have it documented.
#188 Old 12-10-2013, 09:38 PM

Hello all, I have an 04 SE with 119600 miles. Have been experiencing a noisier transmission as the last few months have gone by. Hesitation at acceleration and more recently at startup, it seems the CVT is searching for first gear for half a minute or so. Had some other work recently done by my mechanic and he noted that the CVT was ready to fail. Havent seen any check engine lights. Intend to take to the dealer this weekend for CVT check and evaluation. What would you estimate my chances of getting it replaced under the extended warranty? Thanks in advances for any responses.
#189 Old 12-10-2013, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadndudes View Post
Hello all, I have an 04 SE with 119600 miles. Have been experiencing a noisier transmission as the last few months have gone by. Hesitation at acceleration and more recently at startup, it seems the CVT is searching for first gear for half a minute or so. Had some other work recently done by my mechanic and he noted that the CVT was ready to fail. Havent seen any check engine lights. Intend to take to the dealer this weekend for CVT check and evaluation. What would you estimate my chances of getting it replaced under the extended warranty? Thanks in advances for any responses.
This may not completely answer your question but I am going to assume that they have to check the CVT some way somehow before determining if it does infect need to be replaced. Based on the fact of how many they have infancy replaced because of problems, I doubt that they will give you any problems. Since you are getting very close to that 120k mile mark, I would definitely take it to the dealer ASAP and have them check it. Post back and let us know what they said. Good luck.

2005 Murano S_Black_2WD

Repairs to Date (all done myself): Lower Control Arms, Front Right Axle Half Shaft, High Pressure Power Steering Hose, Oil Pan, Front & Side Motor Mounts, Coolant Drain/Refill, Drive Belts, Front Struts,

Repairs Coming Soon: Camshaft Position Sensors O-rings (leaking oil), Rear Shocks, Spark Plugs, Valve Cover (if leaking oil).
#190 Old 12-22-2013, 03:05 PM

Success! As per my previous post, I took my 04 SE with 119,800 mi to Puente Hills Nissan last Saturday. I reported all issues to their service rep, even test drove with one of their techs who seemed to confirm the problems. Last Monday received a call that the transmission fluid level was low and that refilling/replacing would solve issue. I immediately stated why is it low? It must be leaking, right. The service rep said he would get back to me next day. As promised, got the call informing me that because of the transmission fluid leak, the replacement and all associated parts would be covered by the extended warranty. On a side note, he also stated my oil pan and valve cover gasket were leaking (already was aware) and they could make the repairs, parts and labor of course, for $2500:eek:. I politely declined the offer. Yesterday, picked up and test drove, she's like new again. None of the previous symptom could be detected. I'm a happy camper, Christmas has come early this year. All told, saved $5100.
#191 Old 12-22-2013, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadndudes View Post
Success! As per my previous post, I took my 04 SE with 119,800 mi to Puente Hills Nissan last Saturday. I reported all issues to their service rep, even test drove with one of their techs who seemed to confirm the problems. Last Monday received a call that the transmission fluid level was low and that refilling/replacing would solve issue. I immediately stated why is it low? It must be leaking, right. The service rep said he would get back to me next day. As promised, got the call informing me that because of the transmission fluid leak, the replacement and all associated parts would be covered by the extended warranty. On a side note, he also stated my oil pan and valve cover gasket were leaking (already was aware) and they could make the repairs, parts and labor of course, for $2500:eek:. I politely declined the offer. Yesterday, picked up and test drove, she's like new again. None of the previous symptom could be detected. I'm a happy camper, Christmas has come early this year. All told, saved $5100.
Sounds good. Glad you got it taken care of. As for the oil pan and valve cover leaking, you can do it yourself if you wanted to. I recently replaced the oil pan on my murano. It was super rusted and cracked while jacking the engine when replacing motor mounts. It wasn't too bad to replace. Paid about $100 for the OEM pan and like $10 for some RTV silicone. Taking my time, I replaced it in under two hours.

2005 Murano S_Black_2WD

Repairs to Date (all done myself): Lower Control Arms, Front Right Axle Half Shaft, High Pressure Power Steering Hose, Oil Pan, Front & Side Motor Mounts, Coolant Drain/Refill, Drive Belts, Front Struts,

Repairs Coming Soon: Camshaft Position Sensors O-rings (leaking oil), Rear Shocks, Spark Plugs, Valve Cover (if leaking oil).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: