ABS Sensor - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 05-04-2010, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ABS Sensor

hey guys...so I just replace my front left bearing and obviously my murano having about 124k kms the abs speed sensor was seized and the mechanic had to break it in order to take out the bearing and install the new one. the bearing we used to replace the original is a timken Part # HA590046 and the abs sensor is STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # ALS290 for the left front.

the install was long but went fine, was longer for the sensor than the bearing cause he had to drill out the old bolt that snap almost instantly when he tried to remove it and the sensor itself and replace it. the drilling was long unplugging the old sensor and plugging the new one was very easy.

my issue is that when i turn the car on the abs light and awd light in the dash are off but when i reach about 40 km/h they turn back on and stay on until i turn off the car...we tried unplugging the battery for 5min but the problem is still there...my mechanic told me that i had to bring it to nissan because they need to reset the computer...i did some research in this forum and on the internet and i didn't find anything conclusive...nobody said anything about reseting the computer...so i'm wondering if the pick up in the bearing has a problem or the sensor itself.

we verified numerous times the connection for the sensor in the engine compartment and on the wheel everything seems to be at its place...when i called nissan they said they had to plug it to the computer to see what the problem would be and didn't want to confirm that a reset is necessary after that kind of repair.

Any insught would be appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-23-2010, 11:30 PM

I replaced the wheel bearing F/R/Side and when I placed the new one I broke the ABS sensor.
I got it online for about $122 shipped.
I installed it and took the MO for a ride, it did reset itself not even after driving 50 yards at 10MPH.
IMO, if you know what you are doing, you will replaced the ABS first. Also, when you replaced the Wheel Bearing it has to go one way, if you don't, you'll brake the ABS sensor.

Did you get the right part?
Below is the link for the right part
http://nissan4u.com/parts/murano/us_...llustration_1/

Again, make sure you got the right part, they have one very similar for a Pathfinder but will sent wrong signal to the computer and will make the ABS to display.

Good luck

SILVERBOY

CHICKS DON’T DIG DEAD GUYS BUCKLE UP!!!!!!!
#3 Old 09-24-2012, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Really old thread but same thing happened to me. I installed an aftermarket sensor Really old thread but same thing happened to me. I installed an aftermarket sensor and it ran after replacing a wheel hub..and it ran fine for 4 months. Now my lights are back on and I have no ABS or AWD working. Could this sensor have failed if everything is installed properly? I guess there is no way to check if the sensor is working like it should or not correct? Winter is coming soon and I would really like my car to function proprrly.
#4 Old 12-13-2012, 10:40 AM

Guess we need to start a club here.....So I just had new shocks installed(July) and in the process the ABS sensor was damaged. He replaced it with an aftermarket and it ran fine for 5 months. Now my idiot lights are on (AWD and ABS) and neither system appears to be operating right. Mechanic is getting all sorts of weird readings on his computer. He mentioned resetting it as well and was talking about having me bring it to Nissan for proper diagnosis. Anyone have any victories with this?

I had a victory. Actually chalk one up for the dealership.....Turns out it was the R/F/ Hub assembly.....After having a sensor replaced.....mechanic suspected the axle.....tried replacing that ...no good...replaced the hub assembly and all is well.....Left side was recently replaced for me ....started to rust out after 9 years...So the rusted worn right side was sending mixed signals to the sensor.....replaced the hub assembly and the lights are off and all is well till the next repair!

'04 SE AWD sheer silver
BOSE package
aries nerf bars
drawtite hitch
K&N air filter

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: