User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 07-07-2010, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Noise when pressing the gas pedal

Hello,
I have a 2003 Nissan Murano when I press on the gas pedal there is a loud like clicking noise, the noise stops when you take your foot off the gas pedal also there seems to be some slight hesitation when pressing the gas pedal. I have 269,000 miles on my vehicle.

Has anyone had this problem and possibly know what could be causing this. I would like some idea before taking to the dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-07-2010, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
With 269,000 miles on your MO I would be surprised if it didn't make a noise!

Is the sound like a relay opening and closing? Can you describe it a bit more?

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#3 Old 07-15-2010, 08:01 PM

The noise is no longer there after getting an oil change. However I did just break down and had to get the alternator replaced. However it seems like when you press on the gas pedal the car doesn't want to go but then it takes off. Any ideas what that may be. Yes lots of miles and car has been good to me.
#4 Old 07-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
rw46-

269,000 miles?!?! :eek: Excellent!! You may be our current high-mileage leader.

Where do you believe the noise was coming from? Under the dash or from the front-end? The former could be a relay, the latter could be the CV joints. Unfortunately, neither would be affected by an oil change.

Out of curiosity, what prompted you to change the alternator?

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
#5 Old 07-16-2010, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Could the clicking be coming from the engine due to low oil level/pressure before oil change?

Hesitation...maybe a dose fuel injector cleaners may help.
#6 Old 07-16-2010, 01:17 PM

With that many miles, I like to know the history of issues you have had with your MO. Other than the alternator what else have you replaced?

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#7 Old 07-19-2010, 02:43 AM

check starter, just had mine replaced for 600. my 03 was making the same noise.
#8 Old 07-19-2010, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Your fuel dampeners? I've never heard the sound so maybe someone else can describe what it sounds like when the fuel dampeners start to go.

After 142K miles, my MO is history. Now sporting a loaded silver 2012 Ford Edge Limited with 20" wheels.
#9 Old 07-20-2010, 06:02 PM

After breaking down, car wouldn't start anymore, clicking noise only. Had car towed mechanic said it was the alternator. Had the alternator replaced, car working however when you start the car it sometimes shuts off until I give it a little gas. Going to have the fuel injectors cleaned.
#10 Old 07-20-2010, 06:05 PM

The items I have had replaced on my Murano thus far:
Serpentine Belt
Radiator (got a hole in it somehow)
Alternator
Tie Rod or End (something like that)
Catalytic Converter
Seals (lots of them)
Regular Maintenance (oil changes, brakes, tires, etc)
Can't think of what else I'm sure there is something.
#11 Old 07-20-2010, 06:06 PM

The noise must have been related to low oil level, haven't heard it again since getting the oil change.
#12 Old 07-20-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiewilliams46 View Post
...when you start the car it sometimes shuts off until I give it a little gas. Going to have the fuel injectors cleaned.
I think when they removed the battery to change the alternator the computer forgot the idle. This is a known issue when battery is disconnected for a long time. You will need to perform the "Idle Re-learn" procedure. You can do it your self but I don't remember the steps. Maybe someone will chime in and post them for you, or just do a search for idle relearn.

#13 Old 07-20-2010, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Roxiewilliams46,

Are you the original owner of your MO? I assume if you are that you know about the alternator recall right.

First I thought its a typo...but if its not....I would love to see a pix of your odometer reading. Will you post it here as our record holder of most miles driven in its original engine and transmission. Assuming it is still the original cvt. Something to be proud off I must say. All MO owners will be very happy to see this. May even encourage many to keep their MOs longer and treat them better now there is someone who has gone the distance. You got to be averaging 40k miles a year...how did you do it?
#14 Old 07-22-2010, 05:36 PM

Sorry everyone, I misspoke how many miles, its actually 221, 000. I am the original owner and CVT has never gone (knock wood). I just kept the maintenance up on the car. All my miles are highway miles as I live about 120 miles round trip between where I live and work. THe car has been good to me, so I keep trying to be good to it. I hope it lasts another 220, 000 miles however I doubt it. Will try that Idle relearn has suggested
#15 Old 07-23-2010, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiewilliams46 View Post
The items I have had replaced on my Murano thus far:
Serpentine Belt
Radiator (got a hole in it somehow)
Alternator
Tie Rod or End (something like that)
Catalytic Converter
Seals (lots of them)
Regular Maintenance (oil changes, brakes, tires, etc)
Can't think of what else I'm sure there is something.
So you replace CVT fluid? when? and any problem with your CVT before? just curious....I don't know how long more I will keep my MO.

2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey iAWD Premium
2003 Blue Murano SE AWD Except Navi - SOLD
2007 silver Acura MDX SH-AWD Elite Package
2003 Golden Sand Infiniti FX35 Tech Package - SOLD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: