Join Date: Aug 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Rate Thread|
1. Start car, rev a little, sounds fine.
2. Backup up out of drive way sounds fine.
3. Start up the road sounds fine.
4. About 1/8 mile up the road chattering/fluttering sound starts. Acceleration amplifies sound.
5. Put car in neutral. Chattering sound comes and goes while coasting.
6. Revving the engine in neutral while coasting amplifies chattering sound.
7. Engine in neutral at idle no sound, can hear rocker arms.
8. Revving the engine in neutral while stopped makes sound.
9. Sounds like a loose rocker arm.
10. The Sound goes away level after reaching full operating temperature.
11. Chatter rate does not seem increase with rpm.
OK I relieved this tells me that its not the power/drive train. Well may be just a little bit
Cause: Low oil, sound must have been coming from the oil pump as it was chocking for some oil to pump. Time flew by and wife driving a lot more, typically I change every 5 to 7 thousand miles. This time to my surprise 15 thousand was racked up. I hope my engines OK. It sounds and feels good. Chattering/fluttering sound is gone.
|Rate This Thread|